Thursday, June 07, 2007

The French Open 2007 - Day 12


Greetings Readers

About 7:10 AM Mountain Time my favorite pesky "ova" got the boot from the French Open 2007. Boo-yah! Fucking straight that I am happy. I even expressed this thought by yelling out my living room window "Maria got her ass beat Ta-Day!" I am sure my neighbors were not amused. But I am sure that they were all awake when the match started a little past 6:00 AM this morning. Oh, yes I was taping it and was planning to watch the match tonight, but I saw the beginning of the match and I knew that another "beat down" was going to happen and this time it will be in France, as opposed to Australia. Yep, I can still see parts of the Australian "beat down" on Maria's ass. Not. But, mentally I can see the A-u-s-t-r- on one cheek. hah hah. yes, if she were to turn around I would see a-l-i-a on the right cheek.

The "beat down" was 6-2 and 6-1. Total domination on Ivanovic. That is the picture that graces my blog today. She deserves her spot on my blog for this is the first time on my blog. I was impressed by her play, but I have seen and watched past matches so I knew what she was capable of.

The match was clean. No melodrama from the "ova" I sort of knew that nothing major was going to happen. I found out that Henin won (via Radio Roland Garros). I was sort of "hoping" for a Ivanovic vs Ivanovic final, but I know Henin can demolish opponents at the Roland Garros courts. And Henin did 6-2, 6-2. Jelena best recognize Justine.

Dick and Mary were the commentators of the Ivanovic vs Sharapova match and I am glad to see that they were speechless. Of course, they had to mention her "shoulder injury" and as Mary C would say "She had a deep cortisone shot", but not really saying that was the problem of Maria's play. I wish those two would not be so one-sided and give the other players more individuality as opposed to comparing to the other opponent. I hope that makes sense to you readers.

Anyway, time for me to go.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: