Saturday, June 02, 2007

The French Open 2007 - Day 7

Greetings Readers

Well the smile from Jelena Jankovic (pictured on today's blog) sum's up the match against Venus Williams. Sure I am happy that Venus lost. I did not get to watch the entire match, but I did see some of the beat down in Roland Garros. The match 6-4, 4-6, 6-1 A fucking demolishment of Venus. Anyway, we faithful followers/watchers of the Women' s Tennis (WTA) know that Jelena is doing very well this year.

Yesterday was also the birthday of Justine Henin - she has reached the quarter of a century mark and well she is also getting up in age for a tennis player. Happy Birthday Justine from someone who does not "bad mouth" you like Mary Carillo and Mary Jo Fernandez. And yes I feel you can go tell those two "to go f%@* themselves". Nicely of course.

Look at that. Youzhny made the next round. Who does not like him after last year's US Open appearance. Mauresmo is gone. Too bad. Monfils vs Nalbandian - dang two players I like and I wanted both to advance, but only one did - Nalbandian was the winner. Dementieva - Gone. Baghdatis advances - and yes after the Austrailan Open years back he has gained a fan. A "ova" the Hantuchova has fallen. Peer is onto the next round. As well as Sharapova.

Well, that is a quick summary of selected players I follow. I have been out all morning so I have not been able to watch today's matches. I just had to know the winners and losers.

The last episode of "The Riches" is this Monday 6-4-07. I can not believe that we are down to the last episode. And it only seems like yesterday that I started to watch this show. More importantly, I almost did not give this show a chance. I am glad that I was able to record the show when it debut and watched the show later. I guess I can thank my then new Sony DVD Recoder. The title of the last episode is "Waiting for Dogot" and I was able to see a short scene on
www.fxnetworks.com.

Alright reader....

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: