Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Start of a Minor "Heat Wave"


Greetings Readers

Sorry, have been catching up on my sleep and rest. Was a pretty busy weekend of riding and also I have been busy doing some personal stuff, which I will not bore with you readers.

I worked out today at the Gym (24 hours) courtesy of... "Bobby Rae" Yeah, that's her name. I really enjoyed the workout and not to mention the post work out meal - The Planet Sub. I actually liked the Sub.

I did a total workout and I might have worked more that I should of, but it was the first time that I have gone to a gym, in a while, and I wanted to take care of some serious workout on the machines that I have available.

We, meaning Denver, CO is on the verge of a "heat wave" that might last for the next four days or so. When I mean heat wave - I mean about 90's. Nothing like the Texas "Heat waves", but it will be hot, without the humidity.


Cycling sucked yesterday evening. I was sort in a good mood since I was able to leave work at a decent time. So, I was about 75 to 100 yards from work when I ran over a rock or some debris. When guess what readers, not one flat, but two flats. I was not mad. I mean how could I get mad over something like this. I immediately pulled over and started to get to work on fixing the flats. No big deal. Got done in about 15 minutes. Then about 30 minutes later, the back tire did not take to being repaired. Granted, I was going about 25 miles per hour and I was taking a left turn when all of a sudden I felt the tire go flat.

Then, that was when the cussing started in the community that I was near. I did not see anyone within sight of me and my flat, but there were some backyards and if anyone was in the back you bet sure as shit - they heard - "Son of a Bitch, Motherfucker, God Damn, Shit!" being yelled by me. Why? Well, the tires were fixed, I had dinner that I picked up at the BBQ place called "Bono's" and I had a rack of rib and some french fries. And you know readers when fries get cold they are no good. So that was the reason I was pissed. I needed to get home ASAP so my fries are still edible.

Long story short, I semi-fixed the flat, but I had to stop three times to refill the tire and towards the last 50 yards of reaching home or so I rode on the flat tire. Yes, there was some damage to the tire itself, but my ribs, baby back ribs, were more important than my $ 50.00 dollar tire. Go figure my train of thinking on that issue.

Tonight, is the last episode of the Deadliest Catch - Season 3.

I guess one more thing - I do not think that I mentioned this to you readers, but this is the new license plate (pictured on my blog) that most likely will be issued for next year - they new 2000 signees before production happens. My thoughts - It is ok, but I would not get the plate. I agree "share the road"... but that is like saying "remember Columbine"

until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: