Saturday, February 23, 2008

I Must Be Getting Old

Greetings Readers

It is late Saturday Afternoon and I fucking hurt! No if, ands, or buts. Doing the Snowman Stampede at Cherry Creek Reservoir this Saturday morning and drinking the night before was a terrible combination to do a 20 mile run.

Why do I do this to myself? Why? Oh, I know! Desire. I also want to feel pain. I feed off pain. I also like pushing myself to the limits. I also want to tell my friends the "stupid" going out before a race and drinking like there was no tomorrow so I can get some sympathy. Hah hah. Made myself laugh.

Well, the Copperhook seasonal ale from Redhook was the poison last night and when I got up early this morning I was still feeling the effects of the alcohol in my body. I quickly opened a can of Coca-Cola, some water and started to make some hard boiled eggs.

After all that I needed to head to the shower and oh so nice. The nice, super hot, shower was very nice. What is going to be nicer is the shower I am going to take in a few minutes.

I am not going to tell you the story today. Perhaps there is not much to tell, but I will post the story tomorrow.

I need another hot shower, the comatose state of rest, the soft couch with me curled up in the blankets and the 32 inch tv - lights out for me. I do not think I am going to be able to do the Run the Republic stair climb tomorrow. I have this strange feeling that I am not going to be in the best shape tomorrow considering how I feel, walk, stand, and sit. Urgh!

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: