Tuesday, February 05, 2008

A Bike Tour and A Bike's Demise

Greetings Readers

I forgot to mention to you readers in this past Sunday's paper the Annual Ride the Rockies was announced. For 333.00 and automatically lottery system, 2000 riders will be chosen to participate in the Ride the Rockies 2008.

The starting point is Durango, Colorado and eventually gets to Breckenridge, Colorado. Not a bad route and there is the speck in the back of my brain that I want to do the Ride the Rockies. Probably not the reason(s) you think they might be though. What? What is that reason? Well, I would like to add those mountain passes to my biking resume as conquering. Because you know it is all about bragging, boasting and what not - when it comes to my illustrious biking career.

The deadline is February 22, 2008 and $ 333.00 to submit application for lottery. Pictured is the biking route for the Ride the Rockies.

Well, the snow was stilling falling this morning when I woke up. All in all I think there is about 2 to 3 inches on the ground when I stepped outside to go to work. Not too cold outside, but just a slight bite to the ears. I thought about taking a picture, but there was not a picture, I deemed, a picture. No sense shooting a picture if it not worthy.

Sad news for me - My "garage sale" Mountain Bike - well my $ 25.00 mountain bike, I think, will soon be garbage. Apparently, I have done something and basically it is going to cost about $ 100.00 to $ 250.00 dollars to fix. And I can not justify spending that much money on a bike I bought for $ 25.00. Also, I can not fix this myself. It is sad since with all this new snow I wanted to ride to work on the mountain bike this morning and that was when I noticed the extent of the damage I did about two weeks ago. I did not bother checking closely since that day was very cold and I was happy and just wanted to get home as soon as possible.

There is a story, but I am not going divulge to you readers. Anyway, I may have to consider buying a mountain bike since I sort of did enjoy using the bike when I could not use my road bike. Who knows though.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: