Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Wimbledon 2007 - Day 9


Greetings Readers

Wimbledon is such "a mess". In a manner of speaking. I am sure glad that I am able to listen to the matches on the internet, but if I were watching real time, I would be pissed. Rain delay after rain delay.

Yes, the US Open gets rain delays also, but dang - not as much as Wimbledon.

I am very happy to report "Come On!" made the next round. "Come On!" as he yells out to no one and everyone. I have to admit this could be Hewitt's time once more. He is getting to what he is capable of, but obviously he is also getting "rocked" by the rain delays.

Yes, that is Hewitt (pictured) of which we know him for. Back in the day, this was sort of a controversy since everyone thought "Come On!" was for his opponent.

Now, the Serena injury. Damn, She needs to pull out now and give any other player the chance since she is going to ruin the attendees of her future match (ie Henin) by withdrawing during the match. I know, yes I know, that she is not going to complete the next match. Henin is too tough and there will be no mercy. If Serena's is not too bad in the beginning of the game, it will get worse and perhaps, perhaps, she may use that as an excuse to withdraw from the match. Yes, we will understand, but I won't for I will know the reason why.

I have to admit, I have the matches on tape, but I have not set aside some time to watch since I already heard the match. And without me watching the matches I can not give you readers the story/commentary of what I saw.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: