Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tour de France - Day 18


Greetings Readers

I am not sure how to begin. Photo featured on today's blog - Vino on the eve of him and Team Astana withdrawing from the Tour de France Today 07/24/07.

I got home yesterday evening from work and started watching the tape live coverage from earlier that morning. I saw that Vino was still in the lead group and when all was said and done, Vino won the stage. It was a beautiful sight to see and not to mention I was on track that Vino, with Hope, he could do something on Monday's stage. Yes, he gain some time back, but 5 minutes and change, but all in all he took the stage.

As I was on my lunch break I was avoiding the sports section I saw a headline that "Team Astana pulled out of the Tour" I could not hold out not knowing any longer. I read a bit and I am heart-broken.

I am not sure if I am going to post my re-cap from yesterday. It would not make sense though, but all in all I want to remember how that stage played out from my view. Give me a moment to think about this new development.

This is still new news to me so I am unable to really say this or that until later today or tomorrow. By the way readers if you are not familiar with the tour today is another rest day and tomorrow is the last day that the riders are in the Pyrenees.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

1 comment:

Cricket said...

Hi Daryl,

These are sad times indeed...I, just like you and so many TdF fans, feel betrayed. I suffered with him, I was happy when he rose from his pain ...but it was not his force and determination that helped him...I guess I am still hoping that they will come out and say it was a mistake or a misunderstanding.

Sad, very sad...

And since I am writing you...welcome to Sportingo, I hope we will have happier moments to write about.
Mihaela
mihaela@sportingo.com