Friday, July 06, 2007

Wimbledon 2007 - Day 12


Greetings Readers

What a morning while listening to Radio Wimbledon. I woke up this morning to the Djokovic vs. Baghdatis on ESPN2 then I had to leave for work and that is when the matches got interesting. Williams did her thing and defeated the girl I have noticed this year Ivanovic. Federer was on, but again this is a match I could care less for. Yes - Federer won against Ferrero. I do not know why TV has to show the beginning of the Federer match when "The match" was going full steam on the Djokovic vs Baghdatis match and another Epic battle was ensuing. Check out the final scores of the match 7-6(4-7), 7-6(9-11), 6-7(7-3), 4-6, 7-5. 5 hours long which so far is the longest single's match at Wimbledon this year.

And now - the upset - Justine Henin has been eliminated from Wimbledon. The match was Bartoli vs Henin 1-6, 7-5, 6-1. Listening to the match on radio Wimbledon was sort of sad. I could visually see Justine on the court and "the troubles" that were being announced on radio Wimbledon. Yes, I wanted Henin to win - to win Wimbledon.

Oh, I just found out that ZZ Top is coming to Denver - I think Red Rocks. I also think that I mentioned this, but Tiesto is also coming to Denver - Red Rocks on July 21.

TOMORROW - The start of the Tour de France - In London! I have chosen my rider and I am pinning my hopes on Alexandre Vinokourov of Team Astana. I think he has a good chance - but there are a lot of other riders that I know can do a lot better. But, it will depend on the teams they are on. Yes, that is Alexandre aka Vino pictured along with "his" team. That is my choice for the winner of the Tour de France. Readers? Got a favorite rider?

Until the next time readers

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: