Monday, July 16, 2007

Tour de France - Day 10


Greetings Readers

Tour de France - Rest Day! Whew.

Breaking news - I, Mr. Charley, went down on his bike while riding in the DTC area. Gosh Damn White crosswalk painted white lines. Yep, I took a sharp "lean" into the intersection and the next thing you know I have messed / scrapped up my left arm and my left knee has 4 inch scrap. Superficial wounds, but damn damn damn. I have not had a bike wreak/accident for a while that has claimed some skin from my oh so pretty body. Hah hah. Urgh. The right side is okay as well as my hands. Yes - my ego is still intacted.
Rest Day!

Update 07/19/07 - Now, the bruises have made their appearance from this wreak. Not too many, but the bruises are in long diagonial lines that show where impact was made. I have include a topographical map of the scene of the accident in case any of you cyclists/readers care. I do not even care since this spot will be forever imprinted on my Gila brain cells. And no rider truly ever, ever and I mean ever, forget their accident(s). We either have to learn to ride with this memory or the memory will destroy you mentally and perhaps physically. I know from experience that one of my worse accidents made me afraid for months. And how I was able to overcome this was riding in the Courage Classic Bike Tour. I had no brakes left on my bike and I was biking from Leadville to Copper Mountain via Vail. On the descent of Battle Mountain I literally rode without braking, no brakes. After that little experience of discovering speed, the dangers, the exciting and more importantly - Letting go. I was able to get past me being "afraid" of riding. Perhaps, I will talk about this later in blogging, but then again be prepared not to ever hear this memory.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: