Thursday, July 05, 2007

Wimbledon 2007 - Day 11


Greetings Readers

Gosh Damn - Hewitt fell (literally) er lost, but I was for either one in this match. Hewitt vs Djokovic match was E-P-I-C! Then, there was the Nadal vs Youzhny...

Jeez Louise - Talk about a temper tantrums, so to speak. Everyone and their grandmother is saying that Nadal fought back from two sets down. Yes - That is true. Though this is the whole story and what is not included on how Nadal won. The announcers were saying an epic return from two sets down. What a crock of shit! You readers want to know Epic they should have seen the Hewitt vs Djokovic match. Basically, each set was almost an hour long with some amazing rallies. That is epic. Also, with the epic playing of Hewitt - the sets went into 6-6 tiebreaks. The longest rally set 40 hits this morning. Now, that is fucking epic readers. Epic with a capital E.

Getting back to Nadal. Youzhny was clobbering Nadal 6-4, 6-3, until the third set when Youzhney had some sort of problem with his back and that is was caused his downfall. The last set were 1-6, 2-6, 2-6. And we, I, know why readers - because Youzhny was in trouble and his play was dramatically affected by his medical timeout. The score says that Nadal clobbered Youzhny, but remember this was the time that Youzhny got his injury. Youzhny is pictured on today's blog.

Now, this does not end here with Nadal - How old is Nadal? He is crying like a 17 year old bitch. Now, I know you faithful readers know that I do not care for Nadal, but did you read the article on him and saying....

"He's a strange guy," Nadal said. "I've said 'Hi' to him at least seven times since I've been on the tour and he's never answered back. I asked other players about it. It doesn't only happen to me."

Nadal was critical of the way Soderling appeared unconcerned when the three-time French Open champion fell to the turf at one point. Nadal also didn't like the way Soderling pumped a fist instead of offering the customary "sorry about that" wave of a hand after winning a point with the help of a favorable net cord.

"He must have been in his complaining mood today," the 28th-seeded Soderling said. "If my opponent gets a lucky shot and he doesn't say, 'I'm sorry,' I don't care. For me, it's OK. Why should I say I'm sorry when it's the happiest moment of my life?"

The last straw for Nadal: What he considered a halfhearted handshake at the net when their marathon ended.

"After four days," Nadal said, "that's not normal."

Told of Nadal's comments, Soderling responded: "I'd probably say the same, but I won't do that. I keep it to myself."

On Monday, Soderling was upset that Nadal persisted in his slow, between-point rituals that many players have complained about, including Andre Agassi at Wimbledon last year. With Nadal ready to serve the opening game of the fifth set, Soderling walked deliberately to the sideline to change rackets -- sending a message.

T
hen Soderling returned to the baseline, Nadal stopped his service motion and held up the ball, as if to say, "Ready now?" That's when Soderling turned away from Nadal and tugged at the back of his shorts, mimicking one of the Spaniard's habits and drawing guffaws from fans.

This bit of news does not help Nadal much, but of course, does show that I am not the only one who thinks Nadal "shorts pulling" is kind of an ugly habit.

Siding with Soderling - He is right - Even I do not say Hi to everyone. Especially, if it someone that I do not know personally. Even the convenience clerks, Grocery Store employees I meet. What sort of world does Nadal live in that everyone he is associated or runs into says "Hi" to him? Wait, wait readers, besides the women who love him and the fans that know him. Otherwise, I doubt the people that do not know him all of a sudden decided to say "Hi" to "this guy"(Nadal) that they do not even know. I sure as shit would not say hi out of the blue to anyone that I do not know. Unless I was drinking. Hah hah.

Oh, oh, oh - Guess who found $ 20.00 dollars on Tuesday? Me. I actually said out loud to myself "Oh Snap!" I will give more details later.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
T
he Fallen Athlete

No comments: