Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tour de France - Day 11


Greetings Readers

Tour de France - Well, I saw the opening stage 9 this morning. The riders had climbed over the first HC Cat and were starting the only 1 Cat climb then I had to go to work. I was unable to avoid knowing who won today's stage. Of course, I knew that Rasmussen was not going to win. I know that there were 2 HC Cat's, but the distance between them was too great for Rasmussen to keep a lead. Especially since he is a target now for wearing the "yellow jersey" No one will just let him go for the sake of letting him go.

Featured today on my blog is America's hopeful George Hincapie, but I do not share that same sediment. I thought to give him his day on today's blog since Everyone belives he is just so "awesome" (as my ex-coworker would say) I really do not know him, except when his "captain" was his personal "domestique". Well, that was word on the street.

Those Carbon Wheels. Damn! This morning as I was watching the tour the camera was on a T-Mobile rider going through a France town. I could not believe how the Carbon wheel "crumpled" like an empty frozen dinner tray by biking into a dog. It appeared that the dog did not get hurt or even get knocked around. The dog sort of just looked at the biker and sauntered off to the side of the roadway. I do not think that the rider was even going that fast, but the wheel literally folded in third. T-Mobile is not having the best tour at all, even though the team is "new". On Sunday, as a T-mobile rider, Patrik Sinkewitz, was riding to his hotel him and a fan collided and that T-Mobile rider had to abandon the tour.

I saw an old, old temporary worker that I worked with at an old placement job we did back in the DTC area. Actually she noticed me. Anyway, I was trying to "jarr" my memory for a minute or so until I started remember who, where, and so forth. I even remembered more as I biked home.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: