Monday, July 23, 2007

Tour de France - Day 17


Greetings Readers

Tour de France - Stage 15 - Well, I had to watch 30 minutes earlier this morning since that was when the coverage begin. Wednesday's coverage begins at 4:30 AM.

So, I saw that there was a break-away group this morning and yes my rider Vino was one of 25 in the group. When I left they just started the HC climb and the breakaway group had 8:12 in front of the Peloton. I could not help to say softly "yes" and shake my fist in encouragement. I know that may mean nothing, but there were three Astana Riders (no Kloden though) in the breakaway group. So, what I am hoping that Vino does not falter and will be able to use those two as pacers to climb. I am trying very, very hard not to find out the results for today's stage. I want to be surprised and hope the very best for Vino.

Oh, by the way readers - it has been 6 hours now that I have not had any coca cola. I seem okay, for now.

Tiesto was in town for Red Rocks Concert on Saturday. Sorry, I did not go readers. I really did want to go, but the threat of rain was there and I just did not feel like getting rained on. Those clouds did look very dark on Saturday.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: