Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tour de France - Day 4


Greetings Readers

I am not tired, but my body is indicating it is. Mentally I am okay, but physically my body is saying so-so.

Again, after work I headed off to Cherry Creek Reservoir. This time around I had to take "it easy" - my average was 15 .4 mph. Yes, I made myself go the speed I wanted, but also the gosh-forsaken-wind was blowing in from the Southeast and it was windy. I estimated about about 16 to 20 mph blowing. Last night, there were riders who were passing me. I am not going to say there was a lot, but there a more than a few. For a split second I wanted to show those riders a thing or two about riding, but I restrained myself. I occasionally do have control of myself and ignore the others around me while riding. I did 46.85 miles yesterday.

I have to admit I did one lap and almost called it an evening, but the desire somehow woken up when I rounded the bend for home. I had to do another lap in order to get mileage up. Home sounded good, but daylight was still in the sky and I ever-so-wanted to get more mileage in.

So, I started the second lap and that was when I noticed that my legs were feeling funny. Or more to the point - my thighs. If I was not pedaling and just coasting, or if I stopped for a bit and then started to pedal once more - I got the feeling that you are "Bonking" and then I literally could "feel" my blood circulating into my thighs and the bonking feeling would disappear. I am not sure if I ever that sort of feeling before.

Then, the other feeling was when I had to climb those hills I could feel my thighs "physical yelling" of no more riding. Although, when I felt that yesterday - to me it means - no pain no gain. I could feel the lactic acid building, muscle breaking down.

So endeth the ride and this morning I was definitely better than yesterday. Still tight in the thighs, but not as bad of a feeling as yesterday. I think I made a decision to take this evening off. I really need for my body to recover even though mentally I could do another 45 miles today. I was so tired last night that I just grabbed a can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup and had that for dinner, with crackers.

Desire is such a wonderful thing. Speaking of which....

At lunch today me and a co-worker went for custard (ice cream) and as we were parking we noticed this girl/woman in a snug almost sleeveless red shirt with her very big breasts filling out the shirt. Breast are a nice thing for me, but not a part that I put number one on my most desirable list. But these breast were in a very tight red shirt and - oh yes - they were nice. and big. Compared to the petite body and baseball cap on her head and blue jeans nice and snug. Sorry readers, but this one moment that has really caught my attention. She was standing and talking to a tow-truck driver sort of right in front of the custard shop. Very nice body and we even locked eyes for a second. Yes, I would say she could be my type. I know this "little" entry has nothing to do with nothing, but I just had to remember this moment.

Or perhaps it could be all the riding that I have been doing in the past three days - 219 miles - perhaps my testosterone level is getting high than usual and I am noticing more than usual. Who knows.

Tour de France - Cancellara pulled an upset yesterday by winning the stage. It was big upset to the sprinters and not to mention to the four riders pictured on my blog today. These four riders were the breakaway group of this stage almost all day and then they fucking blew their chance in the last few kilometers of the stage by basically "sparring" or "playing cat and mouse" with each other. The peloton caught up and the rest is history.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: