Monday, July 09, 2007

Tour de France - Day 2


Greetings Readers

Day 2 - has come and gone. I am currently riding with the tour since I had to bike 203 Kilometers on Sunday. It did not come easy though - I had to do four laps in Cherry Creek, then headed North to Downtown Denver, then South to Chatfield, then further south to the edge of Highlands Ranch then North all way to Parker then back to Centennial, Colorado. I guess I am still good. I am a bit worn, but otherwise I feel like my old self.

I took "Tracey" with me and we did pretty good. We did about 50 miles in 2:15/2:30 which was pretty good. We got out the door at about 6:30 and did not come home until the afternoon. We were going to stay in the Cherry Creek Area, but damn -after four laps the scenery was getting boring and the other cyclist were starting to come out to the reservoir.

We headed down to Confluence Park and took about a 15 minute break. Then, at Kalamath and Alameda I had to stop by a Gas Station to get some more liquids. I also decided to get some fries at Burger King. Wow! I have not have fresh French Fries in month! Oh they were soo good and so hot, so fresh, but again so damn good!

Heading down South Platte there were a few detours which I was not aware of. Yes, I did not like them, but they did help my mileage for the day. That was a plus - since I had some serious cycling to do.

Highlands Ranch was were I did all my hill climbing from the junction of Santa Fe and C-470. I would estimate that I did 14 miles of hill climbing to Lincoln and I-25 going throughout Highlands Ranch.

Coming back from the junction of E-470 and Parker Road the wind, rain came into my life. I was hoarsely yelling "Is that all you got?!" I was not going to let this weather stop me from completing "my tour stage". "Is that all you got ?!" As I said that I see lightening flashing to the Northwest of me - I would say 10-20 miles, but I honestly do not know. It could have been 5 miles away. I did not stop though. I was on a mission and I was not going to stop.

And that was about all for the day.

I got to watch the first stage after cleaning up when I got home yesterday and knew I had rode what they had rode earlier that day. Robbie Mc Ewen (Pictured). was the stage winner. With much thanks to his team mates.

Wimbledon - as if I need to tell you who won the Federer vs. Nadal match on grass. Yes - Federer won.

Until the next time readers

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: