Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tour de France - Day 13


Greetings Readers

So, this is the picture of Robert Hunter, the first South Africa's stage winner this 2007. This image is what captures the essence of winning. More importantly the feeling of accomplishing something great. I can not help being drawn to this photo. Sure readers, I have a few photos like this, but nothing really compares to this photo of Mr Hunter showing such "Umph!"

Tour de France - Stage 11. Again, I saw the opening coverage on TV and I was just getting into the program when I had to leave work once more. When I was leaving there was a breakaway and then there was David Millar, trying to cross the gap from the Peloton to the breakaway group.

For me readers, to see some rider, or riders, trying to ride across a gap to the breakaway group from the Peloton is something incredible. I am not sure of the odds or the stats, but I think that it is something like fifty-fifty. But then, the rider who is doing the "crossing over" could be let go by the Peloton since he may not be a rider in contention and for him to be let go on his own could be nothing for the rest of the riders. Now, if he is a good rider, then Peloton will not let the rider go. This is only speculation, but I think that the breakaway group had heard that the person coming up to them was Millar and to benefit the breakaway group it would be helpful to let David join their breakaway group in order to help them succeed on finishing before Peloton.

Well, that is about all I can blog about since I have to watch the rest of the tape tonight when I get home. I know nothing more about the stage and trying to limit my knowledge of the stage. Granted, this is a flat stage with a couple of Cat 4 climbs towards the end of the stage.

And of course regarding Vino...

"For what he did today, he commands respect"

I have no idea what that statement means, but I will find out tonight.

The Riches - Well the Emmy nominations were announced this morning and guess who made a nomination from the show. Yes. That would be Minnie Driver. I whole-heartily agree. Her performance was good. I am not sure if it was great since I am thinking about the overall season and how some of the dialogue seemed to be repeated and acted the same way, almost anyway. Regardless, she has my vote and I do hope that she does win.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: