Saturday, July 07, 2007

Tour de France - Day 1


Greetings Readers

Day 1-. Or if you want to get technical - the Prologue. I forgot about the "Dark Horse" Andreas Kloden. Damn. You got Vino and Kloden working together. This has not happen for a few years. I think that Kloden has a good chance should something happen to Vino. Kloden can hold his own and was one of the lead out men for Jan Ullrich on T-Mobile. I did not realize until this morning that these two people are on the same team.

Back in the day of T-Mobile, there were some "talk" about who was really leading T-Mobile. And there were speculations that sort of talk was sort of true and was sort tearing the team apart. Obviously, I can not back this info up. But listening to the talk on tv and interviews you sort of could draw a conclusion depending on how you looked at what was going on.

Prologue - Done. Day 1 tomorrow.

Wimbledon - Men's Semi Finals - Federer and Nadal move to the Finals. Gasquet lost to Federer. Djokovic retired to Nadal. I was sorry to hear this news and too bad, but I can understand why. If I remember the facts that were show on tv - the amount of tennis that was played in the past week was 16 hours. And the last two matches went 5 sets - Hewitt and Bagdahtis. Both "Epic" matches in themselves. Almost of all Djokovic's sets went to 6-6 tiebreak. I am very proud of his playing and he is a player to watch out for.

Damn. Damn. Damn. I lost a wager on the Williams vs. Bartoli Wimbledon's finals match. So, I have to buy a shot to settle my bet to a co-worker. As Homer Simpson would say - D'oh!

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: