Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What Would You Do?

Greetings Readers

Here is a picture that I took of one of the Light Rail Stations in the Denver area.

As you can see it is full dark and also noticeably empty.

The question - if you are a biker, cyclist or commuter - if you see this empty Light Rail Station from one end to the other and basically no other pedestrians do you ride your bike to the waiting area or even to the ticket machine kiosk from one end to the other? Again, you are the only person and to get to the other end of the Light Rail Station is about 30 yards I estimate. Or do you actually walk your bike from one end to the other of the Light Rail Station?

And I am sure that it is posted that you can not ride your bike in the passenger loading/waiting area.

So, I ask once more with all that information do you still ride from one end of the Light rail Station on your bike to get a ticket and then ride to the waiting area?

Me? Hell yes, I did ride my bike in the area pictured. I road from all the way down there in the picture to the ticket machine kiosk (not pictured) and then to the waiting area. No one was or going to be walking/standing in the area I would be riding in. Also, I was riding slow and not pedalling like a bat out of hell. Yes, I made sure that no walking people would be coming from the parking garage or in between in the building and the parking garage.

So, that's what I did.

I wonder what would any of you faithful and new Readers would have done in the same scenario I just outlined.

I am man enough to admit technically I was breaking what the posted signs said, but yet from my point of view I was in no danger to any pedestrians present (which there was not) and when I got to the waiting area I saw no people waiting in the area I biked to (which there were a few people sitting on the benches for the Light Rail Train).

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: