Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wimbledon 2008 - Day 5

Greetings Readers

Oh my, there were more seeds falling from grace today. None no harder and faster than Ana Ivanovic that is her pictured on today's blog. How sad that she got beat by the Wildcard - Jie Zheng of China. Ana's tears did help water the grass tennis court of Wimbledon though. I am making joke of this, but Ana should not have lost this early at Wimbledon, especially to a Wildcard player. There were many, many pictures that I could have chosen, but it was hard to show you readers what I saw of the number one player in the world before Wimbledon started. Though, I think that Ana will lose that ranking after Wimbledon.

Besides that seeded player we saw/heard - the last two of the American men are out of Wimbledon, Bartoli, Ferrer, and Mauresmo.

Yet, I think that the only match that I was interested in was Safin vs. Seppi. This was a tight match overall and did go the distance to 4 sets. 7(7)-6(5), 3-6, 7(7)-6(3), 6-4. This was a later match and soon it was getting dark and that the game was going to be called/stopped for darkness. After a bit, Seppi agreed to keep playing and perhaps that was a mistake. We will never know. Safin was able to close out the set and eliminate Seppi's bid to continue to the next round of Wimbledon.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: