Monday, June 23, 2008

Sex and the City

Greetings Readers

I guess I have to admit that I did enjoy the movie Sex and the City. I decided that I needed to see a movie on Sunday and this was also the movie that I was going to see when the movie first opened.

Why? Well, I have to admit that I became a fan when Sex and the City debut on WTBS years ago. At that time I had never, ever seen Sex and the City and I had no clue what the show was about.

Yet, when I saw the first episode on TBS I was impressed. Well, soon enough there was one day a week (Tuesday?)that was designated do not even think about calling, coming over or even bother Mr. Charley when Sex and the City was on. I would not pick up the phone, nor would I answer the door and nor would I cook anything for Jaci, at that time.

Funny thing is - I was watching the edited version of the show and I was enjoying what was being shown on cable. After a year had gone by I finally got the urge to go to the video store and rent a season that is unedited. Wow.

Well, I digress. The movie is a long movie - 2 hours and 20 minutes. Overall, I give the movie a high "B." The movie did start out feeling forced, so it took about 15 minutes or so for me to actually not think about it. Then, there was a scene that turned the trick and from that moment on I was drawn back into the Sex and the City world

I liked seeing Charlotte, Carrie, Miranda, Samantha, Harry, Steve and Magda. There are other characters in the series that made an appearance in the movie, but who I was hoping to see was Aidan. And there was a new character that I liked since see rented a certain something each week. There are many stories in the movie and more often than not I was behind one character's view while having thoughts on how can you say that to that person.

Sex and the City was definitely better than Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and The Happening. I did see the movie at the Landmark theatre located in the Denver Tech Center - all the free popcorn and drinks you can have.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: