Thursday, June 19, 2008

On the Eve of Summer

Greetings Readers

This week has been a bit unusual since we have had high humidity and a lot of ozone alerts in the Denver area. Both are pretty unusual events to be happening, that I am aware of.

Yet, when I got up this morning at 4:20 I was enjoying the one chirping bird that was whistling away in the distance. As if saying to the others - I am the first to chirp this morning. So, there I laid in bed listening to that one bird. The tune changed about three times. Soon others birds were joining the lone early morning chirper.

Then, at 5:30 the rain started to fall. Wow. I got two exciting sounds this morning. Birds chirping and then the sound of falling rain hitting the pavement. I was just enjoying the morning. Especially this morning. I was not expecting rain this morning, but then I was not even paying attention to the weather at all. Though my biggest concern was how long the rain was going to last and whether or not that meant that I had to fix the flat front tire on my winter / rain bike or is there a slim chance that I could a nice riding bike - Andrea.


And that was the morning. Pictured is the Colorado Lottery scratch ticket game that I have been playing for about three weeks. Well, not necessarily playing, but buying when I remember. I hate to say this, but I am buying the Colorado Lottery tickets since they have Indiana Jones on them. As of this week I have finally broke even on my spending on this scratch game. The Indiana Jones scratch tickets cost two bones to play as opposed to the one bone tickets I usually buy when I feel like spending/throwing money away.

Yet, these are Indiana Jones Lottery Tickets. Go figure. And yes, I am going to take my winnings and buy more Indiana Jones Colorado lottery tickets.

Here we are at - the last day of Spring and the First day of Summer is tomorrow. That also means that tomorrow is the longest day of the year and now we start losing daylight and the next thing you know it will be winter once more and Dec will bring the shortest day of the year.

This week also brings the start of the heat which does coincides with the first day of Summer. We, Denver, are expected to hit the 90's at the end of the week and the rain showers that do come at the end of the day are expected to hit the Eastern plains of Colorado. I guess I am all for that.

No bike rims, yet.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete.

No comments: