Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A Week of Rest - Tapering.


Greetings Readers

Oh, Oh, Oh. New Southpark episodes on March 12. Woo hoo!

Today's picture is the actual picture without auto correcting on Sunday after the 5 mile run. Yes readers it was that dark, that snowy and I was that wet - to the bone. I would say I should have been miserable, but with me just completing the run and getting that far home on my bike I was content. SInce I knew I had to the picture of me in the same place each Sunday for the past five weeks.

I actually have a break in my running events this weekend. I am not going to say "Finally", but the past 5 weeks have been a ride (and a half). The cold, the drinking, the cold, the snow, the cold - has me shaking my head.

But.

That did not stop me from doing the running events the past 5 weeks. Regardless of the weather I made the effort to run officially. I wanted these events on my resume for this year to show everyone that I am back into running. More importantly, I want everyone to know that "I am back." No more saying what Carlito Briganti said

"I'm retired"

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: