Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bike Jerseys(continued) & Lemons

Greetings Readers

I have taken another picture of the next birthday gift that I received just recently.

As you can see this bike jersey is the Star Wars - A New Hope bike jersey. I did not think that I was going to like this bike jersey, but after wearing the bike jersey a few times I think that I am starting to really like the bike jersey. Granted, I made an immediate judgement on the jersey by the picture alone, but somehow I am really starting to like the bike jersey.

The total of the bike jersey were just a bit more than a quarter of a grand that I spent on the bike jerseys, excuse me, the three Star Wars Bike Jerseys were well worth it. I am very happy that I did buy all three as opposed to just buying the one bike jersey.

Now, onto the topic that was just recently talked about at work.

I am not sure how much or even if I told you readers that I love Ice Tea, and more importantly Sun Tea. Well, apparently there was a recent study about lemon and restaurants.

I guess if you do not want to know you better quit reading and wait for the next post.

Okay, depending on "eeewww" factor it could be pretty disgusting. Well, apparently the lemon's outer skin at restaurants have been covered with feces. Period.

Yep, restaurant workers are not washing their hands after they use the restroom. Though we must remember that restaurant workers are probably using the same restroom as the patrons.

Which in my opinion the restaurant workers are washing their hands, but pulling on the same restroom handle/door knob that the patrons use, which in effect you are grabbing the feces that was not washed off by a previous restroom user.

I know that I have covered the non-washing hands topic, but apparently I have to address this subject once more.

It sucks. I love to have lemons with my tea, but now with the knowing that there was a recent study and that study showed that feces was on the outer skin of the lemon is gross. Yet, yesterday when I ordered Iced Tea I got a slice of lemon on the rim of the glass. Yes, I squeezed the lemon and then left the entire lemon out of the tea.

I know that I touched the outer skin, but what I did not know at that time I now know what to do next time. Or I guess an even simpler solution is to forgo the lemon and just have the sugar. That I can live with, I think.

So, I hope that I have not grossed you faithful readers out, but I thought I better pass the useful and helpful things about the "Lemon" study about restaurants that was in the news just recently

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete.

No comments: