Friday, March 14, 2008

The Official Start of Running in CO

Greetings Readers

The 20th Annual "Runnin of the Green 7k" in Downtown Denver is happening this coming Sunday and downtown will transpire a few blocks into a block party for a few hours. The event usually is consider the first official running event to kick off the new year. With that there are many runners that use this running event to start off the new year for running.

As with my running I actually started back on the first week of February.

The Runnin of the Green 7k is the event I look forward to every year. No, I am not consistent in going each year, but I make an annual tradition to do this event every year. Thousands of runners are registered each year. Downtown closes off some streets. Music is playing every. You can have a drink outside (in the appropriate places of course). You can see all the costumes people dress up and even run in.

If the day is sunny then people, runners, dogs, etc are sitting against buildings and visiting. Whether with friends or people they have just met. People are sitting on any available curbs. People love when that one day of the year is sunny.

Then, if there is snow then people still come out. Whether the snow is falling like crazy and/or the weather is cold runners will try an make the Runnin' of the Green. Just to show up on a snowy day makes you part of an elite group to say that yes I ran the Runnin' of the Green. Pictures even further support your passion of running.

Last year I wore my Southpark bike jersey and I was remembered highly for that. This year I just got some new bike jerseys and I want to wear one of the new ones, but deep down inside I want to wear my Southpark bike jersey. I want people to see Cartman once more. I am thinking, debating still which jersey I should wear.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: