Monday, April 30, 2007

Ivan Basso Investigated

Greetings Readers

This is that time of the month that we have to say farewell and start another new month tomorrow. The month of May. Four months have passed in the year 2007.

Readers, I lost two bets this weekend. Both of my co-workers "scored" off me this weekend. The "Gay Guys" lost the Amazing Race and the NY Rangers (NHL - Playoffs) lost on Friday night. I guess this was just not my weekend to win any bets.

So, next Sunday is the Finale of the Amazing Race. Down to three teams. Depending on who picks who to win there may not be a bet. If we both agree that the winner is the same team to be picked then the bet will not be valid. It would not be fair to pick another team, just for the sakes of picking a winner on the final episode. I am thinking it will be between the Beauty Queens and Eric & Danielle. Charla & Mindra - I really do not think that they have a chance. I am only going by this because if it comes down to a foot race Charla has no chance in hell (because of her size).

Well, today's picture is of Ivan Basso. I am not sure when the news broke, but I know that I found out about this last week. Ivan Basso has left "Team Discovery" amidst a re-opening of the drug scandal that has plagued some of the Tour de France riders from last year. Again readers, I am not sure of the facts, but I heard that Ivan Basso was to be the team captain at the Tour de France this year, but now since this has happened I do not have a clue who will be leading this team. If Levi is with Team Discovery I think he is the most logical choice. Granted, I have no clue who is on Team Discovery, since I could care less about Team Discovery

Ivan
is somebody I respect in the cycling world and I have started following him for the past two or three years. I do not know what to make of this new news, but I will wait for whatever happens later.

You
know readers, with Sheryl and that"one tissue" idea has gotten a lot bigger news, or perhaps it was big news, when I found out about it, but it was all over the news this weekend. Dang, Sheryl is going to have to ride this one out until some other news come to light about something else so Sheryl can get off the "topics to discuss" band Wagon.

And I think I am just about done with the M&M topic I mentioned last week. Probably nothing, but something I had an interest, or felt compelled to write down and comment about. Sort of defending my view, but also telling you, the world, get over it. I have my "quarks" as well as you do. I will however tell you readers that I have more "quarks" than you so, get over it. Thhhhppppptttt!!! As Bill the cat would say

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings,

I would like to speak with you about publishing some of your future articles on cycling.

Cheers,
michelle@sportingo.com