Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm like a Blond, whatever

Greetings Readers

The Starland, Starfest Convention was this past weekend at the DTC Marriott, but with my getting a new bike I just could not really go. The entry was $ 37.00 for Sunday, which is the day that I wanted to go. And it would not stop there, I would visit the booths and there are the Action figures which are missing from my collection that I would have to buy. So, the cost would have gotten higher. I have gone the past two years and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I even saw some of the famous people that show up. This year would have been good since Leonard Nimoy was here in Denver, aka Mr Spock. I know he was a character in a show/movie but there is no character like him.

"The needs of the many outweight the needs of the few or the one"

I finally got caught up on the Riches from last Monday. Yes, that was the day I was out on Vacation in New Mexico. Anyway, the repeats were not until the weekend so that is why I am now telling you readers about it. This episode was good, but more of a filler, I think, for tonight's episode. Something big happened which leads them back to the "family" they left.

Planet Earth on Discovery wrapped up the 10th &11th Episode(Final) of the series this Sunday. What a good series. Granted, they used some film pieces over and over, but overall the series was fantastic. I enjoyed the "Caves" last night and was pretty impressed. There were so many shots that were powerful, if you will, images for me. Whether they were visually stunning, such as the great white leaping out of the water or an emotional scene, such as the Panda bear taking care of her baby panda and her devotion to her baby.

Sort of a nice weekend. Yesterday was Sunny.

Well, I guess I am out of time, perhaps I might blog later on.

Update 6:18 PM

This logo is another event that I have done over the years. I thought to check on this since I usually include this short event in my biking schedule. The website address is www.goosechase.org and the event is really close to where I live and so I like doing this event. Last year was the first year that I did not win a gift/prize at the event. Oh well. This year, depending on the weather of course, I will be taking out Rebecca. The day of the event is Saturday June 16, 2007

until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: