Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Pretty Cool Morning

Greetings People

The premiere of the Deadliest Catch was good. I enjoyed seeing some of the old faces from last season. I also am glad to be watching something that I know is good. The "tragedy" was at the end of the show and has been carried into next week's episode. The coast guard was able to pull one person from the frigid waters at the end of the show. As the credits were rolling the camera was on this young guy that was shaking from the icy waters. Luckily that he had his suit on and also that he is still alive. I was feeling for this guy while watching the show end. This guy was cold and to see him being rescued was sort of sad. Yes, good they found them, but the other supposed three people have been unaccounted for. Also, they found an empty life boat and a life suit. Not very good odds at all for next week. This rescued shiphand was literally shaking and the look in his face was not even of joy. I am assuming that his is in some sort of shock - perhaps from the water, from the rescue or for himself. I do not know.

After work I decided to stop by Qdoba's for a Burrito. Not the Yosemite / Dry Creek one with my Qdoba girl, but the one on Arapahoe Road. I thought I was going to get a free burrito, since I had thought I reached the "free" burrito status. I was off by four more visits. Disappointing, but in a nice way. Oh well. After I ordered I decided to ask for another chip order. So, I pulled out some more cash to pay and the man said "don't worry about it". He sort of smiled and said this is for disappointment on not getting the free burrito today. I said "Thank very much" twice. Again readers this is something I was very grateful for getting. Granted, the chips cost about $ 1.35, but the free chips really made my evening. I ate the burrito and chips while watching the Deadliest Catch.

I checked my mileage log this morning and it appears that I have been biking regularly, once more, for the past five weeks. Yes, this is the fifth week into my biking. Now, April is the month that I start my "official" bike training. Anyway, sort of nice to see the numbers once more in my mileage log book (well a desktop SI swimsuit calender).

Speaking of riding, do you realize that it cost me about $ 35.00 in bike tubes on Sunday. $ 35.00 dollars. I guess that is the price you pay when you have a lot of bikes and neglect to fix the flat tires, or replace them after so many punctures. I do not know, but sure does suck. I was able to replace all the tires and also put the spare tubes in my little bike pouches that I have on some of my bikes. I then spent $ 7.00 in patch kits. And the reason why that I had to buy the tires and patches... well I was getting flats almost every day last week and also there were flats on every bike in my humble abode. You see readers, the good thing about having so many bikes is that when I get a flat I can either change the entire tire & rim or I can just pull out the tire from one of the bikes and replace into the bike tire that I need to fill up. I was down to no more tubes to change to and that is why that I had to cave in and buy new tubes.

The picture is of "John McClain" of the Die Hard movies and the new movie that is coming out soon - Live Free or Die Hard

Readers, and I just found out last night from talking with my Dad that we have had two more Calfes in the past week. So now, we are up to 8 Calfes for the past 5 months. Very good start for the year.
I guess that is about all that I have to blog about, for now anyway.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: