Thursday, February 22, 2007

Recall on Peanut Butter - 21116306001916A

Greetings People

I have been eating the tainted Peanut Butter! I think that is my excuse as to why I have seemed a bit on edge. Do you think so? I think so. =) Well, I do not remember getting really sick, but I have been sort of "out of whack". Or moody. And looking back at some of my blogs it could be related to some of my views voiced (written).

Of course, this could all be psychological since I was doing OK before I found out that I had the peanut butter that was on the national re-call list. I finished about half the jar and I do not remember feeling any different. I did remember sleeping a lot on those days I did have peanut butter sandwiches, but that could have also been due to me not getting sleep days before. I do not know.

I now have the peanut butter in my back pack and I am going to return the jar for another Peanut Butter jar. I called King Soopers last night and talked to them on what to do. They indicated that all I have to do is return the jar of peanut butter for a refund, but I asked if I could replace the jar with another jar of peanut butter.

The only reason why this came up was I getting ready to make myself a peanut butter sandwich with the last piece of bread (the end of the loaf) and I somehow remembered the news that I saw on t.v. a few days ago (or was it last week?) No, I did not pay attention to the news, hence why I called King Soopers to verify the numbers that are the contaminated jars. Sure enough I said "2111" and that was a mild shock when he said "yep you got a contaminated jar of peanut butter". I got a bit worried, but then thought more of it. If I had not gotten very ill, then I am all right. I am all that and a bag of chips. My immune system is up to par. etc. You get the drift readers. Yet, the awful thing was that I really, really wanted to have a peanut butter sandwich last night and was so tempted to spread some on my last piece of bread.

But.

I know, and some of you faithful readers know me, that tempting "the gods" could be very unwise, so to speak. Dealing with a possible food poisoning was too much of a risk to say "it did not get me the first few times, why should I get it this time". "The gods" or the people who on Sunday probably thought ill-thoughts about me might have their wish bestowed upon me thrice-fold. LOL.

Yes, I have had food poisoning before and it was no picnic - from raw ground beef. I was sick, very sick. Running a fever, not sleeping thoroughly, sweating sickly, going to visit the "porcelain throne" and then after three days I was able to have Chicken noodle soup. I do not want to do that again, but I am familiar with food poisoning. Word! I think that event happened 5 to 10 years ago

until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: