Monday, February 05, 2007

The Month that starts the Chinese New Year

Greetings People

Well, my DVD recorder this weekend was put to the test this weekend by me. That was about the extent of my weekend. I bought a 3 pack of SONY DVD/R- on Friday and 48 hours later I have learned how to use my new recorder. Although, I am still green behind the ears on what type of DVD's I should be recording to and what speed I should use. I tried the 6hr and 4 hour recording mode. I like the 4 hour mode. The 6hr was good, but the scenes that involve a far shot seemed a bit grainy. I could live with it, but I think I will stay in the 4hr mode. I am going to buy a 50 pack of discs tonight and I am going to try the 2hr mode.

I think I see the reason why that DVD discs are sold in such 25, 50 & 100 packages. Not a problem I think, but that could change for me later. Who knows. I now have recorded some of my recording on my VCR tapes, and TV onto the DVD/R- disc this past weekend. They are currently laying in front of my tv .

I feel like a technical genius and geez I think I have jump in catching up with technology in the past 5 months, A new computer, CD burner, DVD external burner, Flash Drive and then the DVD Recorder. Of course, I need a HD TV, Flat screen, Ipod, and perhaps an external hard drive. Who knows. I guess what matters is that I am now busy and getting a little less stir crazy from not being able to run or ride.

Well, yes I could run/ride now, but the ice and snow still has not melted and the terrain is a bit dangerous to ride/run in. I would hate to fall/crash if I could not see an ice patch. Maybe later this week I will be able to hop onto one of my bikes and start biking once more.

On the other end - it sucks to be paying 3 dollars a day to ride the RTD. (1.50 each way). Times that by 5 that equals 15 times that by 7 that equals 107.00 in the past seven weeks that I had to dish out money for transportation. This does not include my weekend bus rides to Target that I did in January. This "extra" expense is starting to bother me since I do not regularly have any expenses for traveling, except when needed. Needed as when my bike needs new tires or patches.

As you know readers - the Colts won.

I went to get my Sunday paper from Safeway and I was immediately asked if I was going to do the Ride the Rockies. I immediately said no. Yes, there are reasons why I do not participate in this ride.

Anyway, after sort of thinking about this for the past 24 hours I am starting to think twice and even signing up for the lottery - Entry fee is like 333.00, I think. Refundable if you are not chosen. I just found out Larry Green will not be doing the ride, which is so much the better. Anyway, I will keep you posted and I guess we will see. I also have some time to submit an application.... we'll see

Oh, my first TCM 31 days of Oscar movie was "The Dirty Dozen" Yes, I have seen the movie before, but this is such a classic movie and a stellar cast. I do like the movie and very entertaining for its time.

until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: