Friday, February 02, 2007

Groundhog Day 2007

Greetings People

Well, the annual event has arrived and that would be the watching of "Groundhog Day" with Bill Murray. This is a classic movie and one that I pull off my shelf to watch every time this day of the year. So, if you came to the conclusion I will be watching this movie tonight with some popcorn from last year's harvest in New Mexico.

Oh readers, I guess I never mentioned this to you. When I was down in New Mexico over the Thanksgiving weekend my parents gave me a bushel of fresh potatos and a bag of "Enchanted" Popcorn from the year's harvest. I did not mention the size of the bag. 35 fucking pounds of popcorn and the other thing is my parents only paid $ 4.00 for the bag. Yes, they know that I love popcorn, but this time they surely outdid themselves. I laugh everytime I see that bag of popcorn in my dining room. I do not know where else to put the 34 pounds of popcorn. Oh, I also got 20 pounds of last year's Pinto beans harvest from New Mexico also. I have a surplus of Popcorn and pinto beans. I have two huge potatoes left, yes still firm and looking good, which I plan to have with a nice steak this weekend.

Getting back to the bag of popcorn. The bag is huge and yes 34 pounds heavy. Each time that I make pocorn I have been using a little over a half cup of popcorn. The popcorn is not Orville's quality, but still good. Yet, it seems that I have not made a break in volume of the bag. The bag still seems to be filled like it was first opened.

The pinto beans are in a huge "coca cola" container that is sitting next to my stove. This is great especially now since I can make beans at night and then wake up to fresh, smelling food and then make whatever I wish as a side to the beans and enjoy. I have made chili numerous times so far, but I am trying to expand my cooking possibilities with pinto beans.

Getting back to Groundhog Day - I know that if there are any groundhogs in Colorado I can tell you right now they are most likely hibernating. Or stuck in their home since snow and ice still have not melted away, since it has been snowing every week and the snow keeps piling on the melted portion so nothing seems to be melting.

It is only 10 degrees, which we are up from -2 degrees with wind chill, I think, from this morning. Darn cold waiting for the RTD bus and Light Rail Train this morning. The walk from the Light Rail station to my work was a bit cold since the wind was blowing in from the west and pretty darn icy, cold wind/breeze.

I "burned" another CD last night/this morning on my external DVD drive that I got last week. I am telling you readers this machine is so "sweet".

TCM has started the "31 days of Oscar" so please catch some of the days of the featured movies. I do every year.

Well, incoherent blogging once more, but thought to blog.

until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: