Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I Can't Hear You

Greetings People

"I can't hear you"

As I voice to whomever asks me for the time or anything to get an answer to the question they have asked. As I am saying this I also point to my ear, which clearly shows that I have earphones lodged inside my ears.

Now, whether or not I can actually can hear the other person depends on the type of music that is playing. Or even better, no music playing. I am still going to point to my ear and say "I can not hear you"

When I have my earphones in my ears that means that I do not want to listen to you nor do I want to talk to you. You can smile all you want, you can ask politely, you can shout, you can wave your arms, you can point to your wrist to pantomime "what time?", you can bat your pretty eyelashes, etc. I am not going to answer your question(s) you presented. I am under no obligation to give you an answer, nor do I consider this rude since you are attempting to interrupt me and my music. The other person is the person being rude.

I am only saying this is because on Sunday I was trying to be asked five questions while I was listening to my music all day.

I clearly stated that "I can not hear you" and pointed to my ears or held up my CD walkman.

Instance 1 - I understood that you wanted the time. Well, you should of wore a watch, grabbed your watch this morning or go buy a watch if this is a question that gets you to ask a question everyone you know. It is not my fault that you walked out that door without a watch. Also, this woman probably thought that she has all men under her control. Not this guy. Perhaps she has a guy "whipped" or "around her finger" in her life, but I know better, er so to speak. I know, I know. Yes, it could of been very simple of me to answered her question, but then I would of have to make a few adjustments to oneself, push back my jacket to see my watch, but I did not want to. Again, not my problem/issue. I call it a "problem" you can call it request or whatever, but it comes down to me and yes - it is "problem" that I see you have.

Instance 2 - I know that you were asking me if this is the train to Colorado Blvd. First of all, I arrived about 3 to 5 minutes before the train came to the Light rail station and I saw you standing there waiting for the light rail train. In all that time before I got there you had to opportunity to look at the station maps (posted around the station) to find out where you need to go and what train you need to get to. But - 1. At the light rail station, mind you the only light rail station, that has been operational since last year there is one track going North and one track going south. So, if you have any sense, not Mensa quality, but any sense you can figure out the question if this train go to Colorado Blvd which is South and which is on the side you were waiting for. Does not take rocket scientist to figure that out. and 2. You know where you are at. If you are at such and such station Colorado Blvd is South, not North. Does the sun come up in the North? You see - does not take a rocket scientist trainee to figure that out. Not my problem that you did not read the map and not my problem that you did not read the front of the light rail train.

Instance 3 - Is this the line for pre-registration? Well, if you would take off those dark sunglasses and look at the two lines you could figure out the line for Pre-registration and the line for already registered people. I arrived at Washington Park not 10 minutes before and was able to figure out which line to be in. Duh. I filled out the necessary form since I had not pre-registered and then looked at both lines and saw that one line had people holding the same form that I had just filled out and the other line did not. Enough said. He continued to ask me again and did not say another word. Not my problem. If you can not figure out this simple math equation on which line is which, then you better get your head out of your butt. Also, I am standing in a line full of people, go bother someone else without earphones on. Get over it, my friend.

And so forth. I could go on and give more reasons and other views, but what it comes down to is I have the option to answer or not. Depending on your view - I was rude. On the other hand - I was not rude. You can say I should of answered them. I say I did not have to. You could say that those questions were easy to answer. I would say - so what - I chose not to answer since I elected not to be bothered by putting my earphones in and mentioning "I can't hear you"

If you were brought up with manners, you say excuse me. (Which not one of these people said "Excuse me"- Damn straight I could hear them!). If no response then say once more and if you feel the person(s) did not hear you then tap them on the shoulder for their attention. (Damn Straight! - I was looking one way and sure the other person was looking at the side of my ear and they had looked they would of seen why I was not acknowledging them.) Again, I could go on and on. I was rude, in probably most of you reader's view, in not responding, but they initiated the "rudeness" with me. I do not tolerate rudeness nor ignorance.

I think this was good blog entry for me to blog about. Kind of nice to put this out to the world.

Prison Break - Was a pretty good episode, but some scenes did not work in my opinion. Overall, I will still watch the show. =)

And there was my OWGE on Light rail this morning smiling and laughing and asked me the question that made her laugh "How was work yesterday?" I could not help it either. I laughed with her and said "I did not get off work until 5:30." And we laughed once more together. Again, she has made my morning.

well, until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: