Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The International at Castle Pines Golf Course

Greetings People

Well, my grandfather hopefully be able to go to a rehab center after being in the hospital for a week. Nothing I care to share, but for him being in the hospital that long got me a bit worried. I was not sure that I might I have to leave for my other "home" and prepare for the worst. At least it/he got better.

I also just found out "the International" held in Castle Pines has ended. It is official, but the PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem said he hopes to have a new sponsor and site for a replacement event within 30 days. As I just looked up on the internet a source says Tiger had a profound effect. That is a fucked up answer.

First and formost. When the International got Tiger to play they had to move the dates of the International. They did. Then Tiger from there, could not make the International due to taking time off for the event after the International, which I will not name, but true golf fans know. Yes, The International messed this up, because they accommodated him in the first place, when in fact, everything was perfect in the first place. If you readers know and could do your math you will see how much play has gone on before Tiger even showed up at the International and as of today since he last played and how long the International has been playing since his last play.

If the International is/was so worried about not getting to host a tournament, perhaps they should cut costs somewhere else. Or I hate to say this, do a better job promoting everyone else and not to just mention to the world that Tiger is not going to play the International. There are big names and a lot of Golf fans in Colorado that could care less about Tiger. Let me mention that something else that has not surfaced "officially". You know what... perhaps not. There are a lot other Golfer - we love Phil, Vijay and Norman (when his back is not acting up).

There is also something that us "Faithful" International fans love - is the Modified Stableford System of play. We fans loved the system up to the year that the International decided to start all Golfer at "0" on Sunday. That was blasphemy! The whole point of Golf is to reward the best player of the tournament. Not the person who squeezes in on the bottom end of the cut line for Friday and Saturday day's end finish. That give the person toward the bottom of the list to have a shot a winning when in fact his play for the entire tournament was mediocre. Messed Up! Player get "hot", players get "bad days" and well starting everyone at zero for Sunday's play was wrong. Wrong. wrong. wrong.

I love the 5 point opportunities (ie Hole 17) I also love Hole 8 - the hole that either makes or break a golfer. If a golfer get a "snowman" then he basically needs to give up the hole and move onto the next. I could go on and on, but you International fans know what a place golf was there and not because of just the "Golfer" I hated the rain delays, I also hated the Saturday day pass holders coming onto Sunday's pass holders - truly a mess. Although, I think I remember (I have not been to the International for a few years) that passes were sold in days packs and not individuals days. Sorry, I can not remember, nor can I remember the last time I actually paid for a pass, since they have been gifts to me.

My experiences at the International has been good. I even got to go to the "International Village" with my VIP passes twice. I thoroughly enjoyed those moments at the International. Not to mention the gifts that I bought for myself. Key chains, Luggage tags and polos.

In short readers, "The Rise & Fall" of the International is nobody's fault except the International. Do not place blame on a person(s) or events. The International had it right the first time it started and from there on out it brought its own demise to cancellation on February 9, 2007

My history on this is rusty so I will have to pull my articles/folders on the International out. yes, I kept all notes and tickets!

Well, time for me to go and I will broach this subject later

until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: