Thursday, February 15, 2007

And onto the Next Holiday

Greetings People

Nothing much to blog about.

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day if it does matter to you. Yes, Believe that! I agree that it is very hyped up day and yet sometimes it is nice to recognize someone else other than myself.

I did not get to see the, er my, Qdoba girl yesterday. It had been snowing the night before and accumulation was about 3 to 6 inches and on top of that there was icy beneath the snow since the sun has been melting the snow/ice for the past week. Oh well. I did have a card to give, but I guess I will have to make a visit sometime soon.

Oh my OWGE made a joke yesterday. I had emailed her and said you better not get him a pink phone and she had had written back "I put a pink bow around the phone" To me, that was too funny. Something unexpected from her and caught me off guard. I laughed and laughed.

31 days of Oscar - The Bridges of Madison County was the next movie I saw, but only in a partial sleepy daze. I was kind of exhausted and just wanted to go to bed, yet was also wanted to watch the movie since I have never seen the movie. It does have Clint Eastwood.

I am not sure what else to blog about. Pretty darn cold this morning and the high is only in the twenties.

Oh, so there I was yesterday evening walking with LaMont and there were a couple of people behind us about 5 to 10 yards. I walked through the first set of doors and held the door open then LaMont held open the second set of doors. Well, I can not believe this. LaMont got the "Thank you" from the both of them while I did not get any. That was pure BS. Of course, LaMont did not even think to care about how my feelings were trampled. Not only did this piss me off, but I think those two said "Thank you" because he was white. They probably thought I was Mexican or Hispanic and not worth a Thank you. Of course LaMont says he is not white. Well, I beg to differ. If we both were standing out in the snow with the snow falling who would be the person you would see? Me! LaMont would blend into the world. Me, you would see my light brown skin from miles around. Okay, well not miles, but you get the idea.

I knew I should of just followed more normal instinct and put some distance between people so I do not have to feel obligated to open the door for anyone. What? Selfish thinking? No. I have every right not to hold open the door. You have two hands, I have no ring around my finger indicating you own me, nor do I "love" you. I either feel in the mood to hold the door open or I do not. So, if I do not hold open the door for you - you better wipe off that look off your face or hold that tongue before you say something you regret. I will put you in your place and make you regret ever thinking about saying something to me.

No, I do not do this all the time, but I will admit it is most of the time. I will gladly hold open the door open without a thank you and think nothing of it. Yes, rarely it does happen. It is like society expects this (IE why not tip the fast food people - they wait on you) or that.

Anyway, I was a bit peeved, but soon got over it. LaMont think it was funny and accused me of being selfish. Well, he is white and therefore thinks nothing of this. These two people probably thought - oh a Mexican in a jean jacket I ain't saying "thank you" to this guy. Habla no Espano.
I think LaMont is just used to the people taking for granted his opening doors and thank you since he is white. While I will still be racially challenged person that people take for granted. Not this guy - I make sure that you recognize anything you take for granted around me.

I know, I know - incomplete thoughts but thought to write this down in my lunch time before I forget.

until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: