Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Chill is back and the sun is gone

Greetings People

31 days of Oscar - Well, the two movies that I saw last night was "The Big Chill" and "Silkwood" I have seen Silkwood before, but I have never seen the Big Chill.

I was quite impressed with the Big Chill. So many of the actors/actresses when they were young and I never knew worked together - Glenn Close, Kevin Kline, Tom Beringer, Jeff Goldblum, William Hurt, Meg Tilly, Jo Beth Williams, and that is all I can remember for the moment. Interesting story that takes place over a weekend involving a college friend who committed suicide and that is what brings them all together. You know readers it only took me 23 years or so to see this movie. Whew.

Last night was the first night of the Westminster Kennel Dog Show in New York City. My dog favorite, Pekingese took second place in the toy dog category. Close, but no cigar. Tonight is the second and final night of the Dog Show - and the covenanted "Best of Show" - So, far I like the Akita, but we have three more categories - Sporting, Herding and ???? category left.

So some people had commented on my DVD and CD burning the past week or so. Thinking about this a bit more these people are the same people who have Ipods and I bet they are loading there Ipod with music from their CD library. I am not the one to judge, but calling this kettle black when they are just as black as "bull's tookis on a moonless night".

Something to mention - Anna Nicole Smith died last week and I feel like we lost someone who was important, but not at all. Anyway, that is another topic in itself. What I want to mention is that I can not believe how much coverage her death has generated. James Brown did not get this much coverage when he died, granted, Gerald Ford past away about the same time. But James Brown was an Icon not to mention an accomplished singer in history entertainment. Who was Anna - a centerfold, a widow of a multi-billionaire, realty star, weigh transformation skinny to fat to skinny, but overall nothing even remotely close to James Brown Stature.

I really have nothing else to comment on - so with that.

until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: