Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Brother's New Bike

Greetings Readers

My brother was surprised when I told him that was his bike in my bedroom when he came up on vacation with my parents.

Flashback - My parents and I had to tell “a lie” to my brother that he could not bring up his bike since I was going to have a lot to bring down in our Father’s Toyota Tundra. My brother does love his bike, but more importantly he did not want to borrow / use any of my bikes since he has a tendency to get into accidents whenever he rides one of my bikes.

Yes, Readers he has ruin one of my bikes completely and damaged a couple of others slightly, in a manner of speaking.

So, I understand why he asked and perhaps pleaded with my parents to take his bike up to Denver, Colorado.

Present – My brother was on vacation at the same time as my parents were, but he wanted to be mobile. Meaning, that he was going to stay with his old friends and go bike riding wherever he had planned to go riding.

I told him that the bike was nothing fancy, but the bike was my gift to him. He liked the disc brakes, but did not like that there was not shocks under the seat post.

Again, my brother loved/liked the bike, but just like me he complained about the things that were not on the bike. It was funny – basically looking at myself in the mirror. I too would be happy to get a nice gift, but complain that it does not have this or that. No Readers, my feelings were not hurt. I really thought that it was comical that he said that and I thought that I would have done the same thing.

Yet, what I stressed to him to him was this was an extra bike to use for anything, so he could keep his other bike in good condition and from being stolen.

He whole-heartedly agreed with my logic. I am sure that he is going to understand how good it is going to be to have an extra bike to use in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: