Sunday, March 08, 2009

2009 Cherry Creek Reservoir

Greetings Readers

I guess, I would have to say that this is the first day of my training for the Ride the Rockies

Although, I will not confirm that. Damn Straight!

I was totally expecting bad weather today, but somehow the day looked great and more importantly the temperature was pretty darn warmer than I expected. Once again - fucked up weather reports from Crystal Eggers and Angie Austin.

With that being said I decided to head out to Cherry Creek Reservoir and see what is happening out there. I have not been out to Cherry Creek Reservoir since last year and have no clue how the road/riding conditions are out there.

I decided to take the HED rims and Andrea and see out of shape I am.

I have to admit that winter has taken its toll on me and I was pretty out of shape going around the Reservoir. There was some head wind depending on which way I was riding inside the state park.

I knew that I was not going to be able to work on speed, since I have not been worried about my speed for the past 5 months. I decided to work on speed sprints through out the park on my circle.

I felt winded and slow throughout the 44 miles I covered in Cherry Creek State Park. I got passed by many riders (I estimate about 15 riders total) and I passed a riders few. Again, I was not looking to ride the fastest out there. I wanted to get the feel for riding out at the Reservoir since it has been a while. I did get the comments "Tight" and "Very nice wheel set" and the looks of other riders. There was some wind out on my course I road, but I would have to say that it was veru manageable, compared to last week when I was almost blown over. I have to admit after last week's wind I am now less fearful of the wind I thought was tough to ride in before last week. I now have more confidence and less worry on what the wind will do to my rims and me while riding.

I wore the Ipod, but I really did not listen to the Ipod, just the world and the occassional "nice rims" comment.

Climbing the little hills were not like last year, which means I am out of shape, so that is something I will need to work on. And I was still about to keep riding in the largest gear so that was good.

And that was that at Cherry Creek Reservoir this past Sunday.

Later on, I stopped by the Arapahoe Marketplace to get my post Coca-Cola drink and I saw the regular homeless person sitting on a nearby bench.

I got myself a Coca-Cola and then I thought why not. I took out another dollar bill and then point at the Coke Machine and guy nodded yes. So, I pushed the Coca-Cola button, got the Coca-Cola and then gave to him. He said "Thank you"

And there you have Readers - According to one blogger "that I am the rudest person ever known" - However, would the rudest person ever known do that for a homeless person? I know almost for a fact the blogger who called me the "rudest person ever known" would not do that if the positions were reversed. Gosh willing, the blogger would complain about why they would even contemplate on giving a Coca-Cola to a homeless person sitting on that bench on a Sunday. Matter of fact, I am also willing to assume that the blogger would complain about giving a Coca-Cola after the fact of giving the homeless person a Coca-Cola. Pure speculation on my part, but I only go by what I read in the past by that blogger.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: