Monday, March 09, 2009

Breaking Bad - Season 2 Premiere

Greetings Readers

I have been anxiously waiting for the Season two premiere of Breaking Bad.

I was a bit disappointed that the show had to re-show the ending of last season's ending so that wasted about 10 minutes of the hour long show.

Otherwise, it started out as it has in the past. You see an ending event, perhaps, as in this case the view is of Walt's backyard. Sunny, clear, the camera pans to the swimming pool and in the distance you can hear sirens of an police car, fire truck, ambulance ? We just don't know. The camera eventually goes into the pool and focuses on a plastic eyeball and you can still hear the sirens from under the water when the camera submerges into the swimming pool. The camera then locks onto a pink teddy bear which slowly turns to the camera. When the Teddy bear turns around you can see the other half that was not shown is burnt (perhaps burnt from fire?).

Then, the scene cuts to commerical. We faithful watchers know that is usually the ending of the episode's last scene. I thought to myself "oh no." and now I really anxious to watch the season premiere of Season 2.

I am not going to give any more details on what happened in the show, but I will sum up the end. So, when the hour was almost up the last scene showed Tuco, with Walt and Jesse in Jesse's car driving away from Walt's home at night, which is what is pictured on this blog's post.

Hmmm. I am thinking that opening scene of the Pink Teddy bear is going to be last scene of this season's Breaking Bad. I fear the worst for Walt and his family, but I think Walt or his family will not be killed off at the end of the season two. This is pure speculation on my part and I am only drawing this conclusion since they did not show that beginning scene at the end of Episode 1 of Season 2 Breaking Bad.

All in all, it was a very good start to Breaking Bad, minus the re-cap of Season 1 in the beginning of the show. A Dark kind of Funny and serious at times and I think that is what really draws me into the show. Not to mention that the first scene of the show usually pertains to what is to come in that episode. Usually.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: