Monday, January 29, 2007

The Day After the End of the 1st Slam of 2007

Greetings People

All of us "die hard" tennis fans have finally recuperated our daily schedule here in the MST, specifically Denver, Colorado. The late evenings and trying to stay up until the 1:30 AM MST match was a lot of work. Last night I was finally able to go to sleep at 11:00 PM and not worry about who's playing and whether or not I want to get up and watch if I was sleeping good. Or was I going to pull have an all niter since the 1:30 AM match turned out to be something special.

If you readers have not heard. Serena Williams and Roger Federer won the Australian Open 2007 this past weekend.

My opinion? Really? Okay. Well, the Williams vs. Sharapova match was domination on Serena's racket. Sharapova was almost shut out. She played the play she has been since the first match of the tournament. Oh yes, I was saying "yes" and yelling for Serena to stick it to Sharapova! The match was "pretty". Not entertaining, but was a pleasure for me to see Sharapova get her "ova" knocked out from her. The picture does not do her justice on what she really looked like.

Gonzalez vs Federer - I enjoyed this match. Again we were hoping for Fernando to pull an upset, but even I had to come back to earth and face reality of who is going to win. The first set was good - the hits, rallies, the shots and the overall play. After the first set the next two sets went fast. Not like the Roddick match, by no means, but Gonzalez was fighting til the end.

There is really not much else to say. Mary Carillo only took five minutes this time to use "s - - - - - - - ". It is her new favorite word and I know that she going to use this more and more throughout the year.

The Dick Enberg (? - sorry I do not remember his last name) I have no real problem with his commentary, but jeez louise. When Gonzalez was serving he says Federer needs only two more points to win. Why couldn't he say Gonzalez can not give up two point or something along that line. Sure he sounds to be a Federer fan, but by no means does he need to comment for Federer when Gonzalez has the serve. Then "Stoic Silence" ? Hmmm.

That is all from Denver, Colorado from me watching ESPN2 and ESPN. I hope you readers enjoyed another report from me. I may write a followup to some things I touched upon, but if not then perhaps in the future.

Now, back to my almost "normal" schedule. I got to watch my shows I taped in the past two weeks - Prison Break, Gilmore Girls, PBR and AE's The Sopranos. I cooked some food. Can you believe I ate pizza for a whole week. I got the 10 + 9 special at Pizza Hutt, so I did not have to worry about cooking while watching the Australian Open. I sometimes get distracted and have been known to burn or forget something. I did laundry, cleaned up, made Potato Salad, grilled outside and watched the snow fall on Saturday morning out on my porch.

With that I guess I better get going.

until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: