Thursday, January 04, 2007

Music Soothes the Beast (in me)


Greetings People

Music is very powerful tool, if you will, for me in life. I generally associate a lot of things and events to music, whether there are words or just instrumental. I live and have accidents by music. I also associate my memories with music. I often dub music over my home videos. Music follows me while I am out training (riding and/or biking)

Granted, I can not play a tune nor can I sing. Well, at least I can chalk that up to my puberty stage early in life. Although, the allure of being a rock star would of been cool.

I have browsed many, many blogs and I do see a lot of people blogging lyrics and even incorporating music into their blogs. I never thought about that, but I do every once in a great while I will quote a line from a song and incorporate that into my journal entries. Not because of blogging. I do because most likely that was the song that was playing or was running through my mind at the time of the event. I draw upon the music, the notes, the lyrics and yes sometimes the visual images behind the song (singer, music video, album cover, etc.)

I make mixed music tapes for myself. Nope, never for the girl I may be dating at the time. Giving mixed tapes are something I do not do, nor will practice to do. My tapes are personal, as well as my life.

Readers, Although do not get technical with me about blogging my life on a blog. I am sharing moments in my life, BUT by no means am I sharing mundane instances in my life.

Example, my friends (*Note - This is not me-so do not think that I gone coo-koo)


I got up, showered, ate, dressed, fixed tie, went to work, went
to story, trimmed finger nails, got home, watched TV, went to be bed, cried to
sleep.


Readers, this is an example I have used, but this is something close that I have read elsewhere on some one's blog. That is fucked up and who the fuck cares about her life that specifically.

As you readers hopefully read so far on my life - I share life moments and incidents that have a specific bearing on my life. I can say know that I have been blogging pretty good now for the past three months, but it took some time for me to open and share what I want to share to you readers and the general public that might stumble upon my blog by chance. Granted, I have not opened up completely nor do I plan to, but I am sharing more about myself.

Well..... I have to go since my lunch break has come to an end. I may try to finish this up later today, if not, then I guess in the future.

By the way, I have been watching that new series that started on WTBS called "My Boys" and I am glad to say this new series was thoroughly enjoyable. I do hope that the series will return. I think the series finale was two weeks or so ago

until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: