Thursday, January 18, 2007

Eighteen hours ahead of Colorado (MST)

Greetings People

I have to say that I finally got some sleep, but only allowing myself to go to sleep. I was still wide awake at 1:45 AM MST, but I started a new tape to record the match Hingis was in. Of course, this morning I heard that she won 6-2, 6-2. A bit of trouble here and there, but nothing that she could not handle nor should we fans worry about.

This picture is how often I feel after completing a grueling bike ride or running a good race. Well, I hate to say this, but I only got to see clips of this match and I was in awe. Monfils vs Bagdahtis. Bagdahtis first round playing carried over to the second round and Monfils took advantage of his playing ability and sent Bagdahtis back to Croatia (however you spell that country). Monfils was all over that tennis court. One might compare Monfils court ability, or feats, to Kim Cjlisters. I realize this match was played over 24 hours ago, but it has been in the news ever since.

The commentators saying that he is young, should not be doing that, he will never survive a fifth set match play. So what. Yes, it is a Grand Slam. Yes, the event is big. However, Monfils has been riding this "wave" ever since last year when he got noticed by the world at the US Open. He is having fun and he is probably playing to win, but looking at this picture he is playing to having fun! When he loses, he'll think "oh well" and move on. We viewers are getting a look at the next thriller entering the majors, in my humble opinion.

So, last night/early morning was exciting. My match that I enjoyed - Murray vs. Verdasco. Murry with the patent Lleyton Hewitt's "COME ON!". Oh, the play was good and the sets last night were pretty close 7-6(7), 7-5, 6-4 Murray was fired up and it showed all over the court. What I noticed was Murray's black high top shoes. I do not know why, but that was something I could not help not to look at.

I digress for a bit. Can you believe that Murray almost had a triple bagel in his first round play 6-0, 6-0, 6-1. Oh, that would of been so neat since the last time that happened in a Grand Slam event was 13 years ago, per the news indicated.

Blake vs. Kuznetsov - The news are saying that Blake demolished Kuznetsov. I guess I agree with that, but the saying does not really indicate how. What made the "thrashing" was when Kuznetsov had to second serve. Well, Blake fired that serve right back at the same speed. And you faithful viewers may already know this style of playing especially from the US OPEN last year. Blake then had some very, very "awesome" returns. Some that you say oh Blake has no chance. Well, Blake made the impossible possible. Yes, I was in awe. Overall, a good match.

Hewitt vs Dancevic - The match was good, there were some foot faults by Hewitt, but that is the norm for him. One of the commentators was trying to make something out of that, but another commentator indicated that is Hewiit's method. And yes his play in the past years always includes foot faults.

Sharapova vs Rodionova - I have no idea who Rodionova is, but the match did not last very long and the play was mediocre. 6-0, 6-3. I did like the racket throwing by the other Russian into the court. Boo-yah!

Hingis vs. Kudryavtseva - The match started at 1:30 AM MST time and I could not stay awake so I had to tape and send her my best in order for to do good. 6-2, 6-2. I will try to watch this match tonight before live play begins at 7 PM MST.

Clijsters vs Morigami - 6-3, 6-0. Kim is rolling down her opponents just one more set than Hingis. You can interpret in any way you want, but do not that as gospel meaning that Kim is one set better than Hingis.

Well, that is my summary in a nutshell.

This morning when I took the Light rail into work I saw my Orange Eskimo. She was sleeping on the light rail. Well, okay her eyes were closed, but that did not stop me from bothering her. We only had a minute to catch up before she had to get off for her stop. Morgan is doing fine and so the husband. Work also is good. Oh, the first thing that the Orange Eskimo says to me "What happened to your hair?" with a smile and a small laugh. Hah hah.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: