Friday, January 26, 2007

The eve of the Australian Open 2007 Finals

Greetings People

We have finally arrived on the eve of the finals of the Australian Open 2007.

Last night was the "highlights" show, but it was not highlights of the entire tournament - just the Serena vs Vaidisova, Clisters vs Sharapova and Roddick vs Federer match. Nothing else was really covered. Oh well.

WAIT! I, of course, knew that Davenport was pregnant and was not going to play. Oops, sorry readers - Lindsay Davenport. Well, there was a taped clip, about 10 minutes long and she had announced her retirement - is official. The tears were rolling after a minute or so as she was re-collecting her past and present. Meanwhile, clips of her were shown while she was talking. Davenport is, well was, my "american" player I routed for. She was also part of the Williams era I had mentioned in a earlier blog and always wanted her to beat any of the Williams in any tournament. Lindsay is the person with class on the court. She will play and give her all in a match. If not, such as last year finals when she had to pull out, she apologized to the fans and then cried on the sidelines for retiring in the finals. I got to grow old with her as I watched her play throughout the years. I do not remember anything bad about her nor does some "bad" press come to mind. Anyway, Lindsay is becoming a mother and has bid tennis a final farewell. I know that she will not return and neither as a commentator. If Lindsay thinks like I do, I know that she does not want to be in the same room as Mary Carillo, or Mary Jo Fernandez. i know that she would get along with Pam or Tracey. My last thoughts - Davenport to me is a "Legend"

I set the VCR timer last night, mainly to get some sleep, but I woke up when the timer started and stereo starting transmitting sounds. I will get to watch this match tonight, but I heard Gonzalez did some more "thrashing" and this time it was on Haas.

I am going to give myself a break from writing/comments and basically give some predictions on the finals

Serena to win, IF the day is hot and Sharapova continues to play the play she has been doing
Sharapova to win, IF her game gets a lot better

Gonzalez to win, IF he continues his almost perfect tennis playing
Federer to win, IF he intimidates Gonzalez

I want Serena and Gonzalez to win though.

And that Mary Carillo last night... not even five minutes into the show was that word "s - - - - - - -" which I mentioned I would not mention again regarding the Australian Open.

Sorry for the short entry. With me getting some sleep last night , I am unprepared and my blogging thoughts are random right now.

until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: