Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Semi Finals of the Australian Open 2007

Greetings People

The site was down for most of my lunch time, so I will have to be brief.

Not, tennis related - We have had another calf. That is 6 new calfes in the past month. Very unsual, but I guess our bull did his part this summer. Last night I bought an external DVD/R/RW drive. It was on sale for a Franklin, plus tax, which I could not resist. Oh, I did not mention this a month ago, but I also bought my first Flash drive. Wow. In the past month this Flash Drive is so much better and very, very cool. I love saying I am a flash drive carrier.

Well, time is of the essence and I need to get going.

Nadal vs. Gonzalez - Woo Hoo. This match destroyed me this morning, but when this game started at 2:30 AM MST time I was ready to watch and, yes, hope that Nadal would lose. Long story short - Nadal lost in straight sets. Oh yeah! I have smile that has not come off since this morning. I do not hate Nadal, but nor do I care for him. This Gonzalez person is the same person I saw only a few days ago when he "aroused" the crowd at the Hewitt match he played against him. Gonzalez has game and it sure does show. His play is darn good and he is not relying on his opponent to lose against themselves. Yep, I was yelling at 3:00 AM MST for Nadal to lose more points.

Sharapova vs. Chekvetdaske - oops, I forgot how to spelled her name. Good first set. They played like they were on a mission and then the match became a 20 to 30+ return points. Sounds exciting, but it was not. Interesting, but nothing to comment about. Sloppy playing, unforced errors abound. I am glad that Sharapova got a warning from the umpire about Yuri's "coaching" from the stands. I totally agree with the umpire.

Hingis vs. Cjlisters - My baby fell. There was a chance, but I knew from last year that she had lost matches against Cjlister throughout the year. I also attribute that to Hingis getting back into the WTA, but I knew this was the second year and she has a better chance. The match was good and there was a point in the third set (between 12:15 AM and 12:35 AM I was yelling, slapping my hands saying "yes", then that was then end of that.

Sorry readers... got to go.

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: