Monday, January 15, 2007

Start of the Australian Open 2007

Greetings People

The first major tennis event is here - live from Australia.
The Australian Open. The first major of the year. Yes, I caught Day 1 of the event. I even had to give up the show 24 start of the 6th season. I would rather watch the Australian Open than Jack.

Anyway, Not much happened yesterday. I guess I will start with the match I was looking forward to Bagdahtis vs. Schlitter (I forgot how to spell his name). This match was one hour too long. Bagdahtis played so-so. No spunk, electricity if you will, in his step. His Opponent was okay. The match was even, not very exciting and then toward the end of the second set it got "oh great" A medical injury break, calling for the doctor and trainer. Meanwhile, Bagdahtis could not take advantage of the situation. Bagdahtis kept on hitting his balls right back to his opponent. Not making him run. Anyway, not exciting and Bagdahtis won the event eventually.

Federer's match was limited in showing. His opponent looked young and full of energy and to me was sort of exciting to watch. Federer got broken a few times, but won. The 20 point tie-breaker from Tsonga vs Roddick was pretty neat. Not interesting, but good. 59 minutes for the first set. and the same for the second set.

Mauresmo, Janovic, Vaidisova, Roddick, and then I had to record Serena's match this morning (1:30 AM MST) but I saw and heard that she won pretty darn good.

Day 2 starts tonight at 7 PM MST. Blake is on tap.

Other than that a darn cold weekend - 6 degrees on Saturday and 19 on Sunday, I think. I stayed in almost all weekend except to get the Sunday Paper and that was a cold 5 degree 3 mile bike ride to the grocery store.


Nothing else to blog. Until the next time...

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: