Saturday, January 31, 2009

Last Day of the First Month of 2009

Greetings Readers

I did stop by and see the Qdoba girl, but you Readers I will have to tell I only went for the sakes of going. I made the first move and I waiting in the beginning for a response, but nothing has happened since December.

No biggie. Life has gone on and believe me Readers there are a lot of women out there. Anyway, the hair was kind of teased up and that's about all I can say. She was working the register, but other than that I was all business.

I already knew that I was going to take my dinner to go. With that in mind I decided to be the customer and not be the talkative person that she knows. I am not embarrassed about being there after the Christmas Card incident. Hell, as I stated before I was there first and I do not planning on going to another Qdoba's farther away. I liked this place since it is a hop and a skip away from my humble abode.

I think I made eye contact a few times, but other than that I made no small talk. She asked her customary "How are you doing tonight?" and I replied "I am doing good." And I made no question to ask her anything else. I did see a nice ring on the left hand, but then again I am not sure if I saw that ring before. Never-the-less, that is a moot thing since I am not really trying for something with the Qdoba girl anymore.

In closing, the few moments I did see her I really did not see her.

Changing subjects - I never did show you Readers my Jack Daniel's merchandise that I picked up at the National Western Stock Show a couple weeks ago. Of course, you Readers will from last year will see some of the same items I purchased last year.

I know I just blogged about this recently, but I will re-list on what I bought at the booth. Two Large bar mats, two small bar mats, 2 black Bandanna, 1 metal Jigger, 2 Caps and one Black T-shirt. I will admit that the bandannas, the jigger, and one of the mats I will keep for myself. Otherwise, I plan to give the rest of the merchandise to my brother and a cap to my Dad.

This is nothing new for me since I have blogged about this before.

Oh Readers, I lost another bet so now I am down 9 bottles of beer. I know, I know sucks to be me, as my ex-old boss would say when things don't look good. The Australian Open Men's Final is tonight and I have picked Nadal to win. Yes Nadal, but in order to have a bet I had to choose him in order to have a bet. Again Readers all in good fun. I thought I would never say this, but I guess I am going to "Go Nadal." Damn, I can not believe I said this about Nadal who has to pick out his short from the crack of his ass almost every serve.

Tada - Another good deed last night. I was getting another ticket for Light Rail, when a Dad with two children asked me when the next E line was going to be hear.

"I don't know." I replied "I take the next train since it does not matter what line I take."

"oh ok. thank you anyway." and started to walk away.

I started to bike away then I said "Excuse me. Where are you going?"

"Downtown. Pepsi Center"

"Well, you could take a train down to either, Belleview, Broadway or 10th & Osage and then take another Light Rail train from there."

"Really?" he responded

Then, me being so kind as opposed to the rudest person ever known

"Although it is rush hour, people are getting off work, so should you decide that you and your children risk the chance of not getting a seat in the Light Rail Train at those stops. If you catch the Light Rail Train here you are almost guaranteed of getting a seat here."

"Your probably right. Thank you very much for the information and your help"

"Not a problem. Have a nice evening with the children."

Was that not an over and beyond of doing a good deed for me? Or was that something unexpected of me?

By the way Readers - It is time for the 31 days of Oscar on TCM

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: