Thursday, January 29, 2009

And Another Good Deed

Greetings Readers

Well, being on Australia's time for LIVE coverage has finally taken its toll on me last night. I had to crash and get some much needed sleep. I was getting very weary and fading throughout the past few days. In the Australian Open we have reached the Quarter and Semi Finals of the Australian Open.

With so few players left there is not much to say or write about. I can say this and say that, but I would be sounding like a broken record. For the women's Finals it is going to be Safina vs. S. Williams. For the men's we only have Federer confirmed this morning with his win over Roddick.

Another Good deed by me. I was waiting for the bus this morning at one of the bus stops I would catch the bus at. It is in the shade and with the wind blowing a bit and the temperature around thirty, I think, this morning I was a bit cold. As I was waiting and I was the only one waiting I saw that the bus stop was full of trash laying around the area. With me being me I decided that I am going to pick up the trash. All the trash at the bus stop. I did have my gloves with fingers on so I did not actually touch the trash with my fingers, but with gloved fingers. I picked up the newspapers, an empty 2 liter bottle, a couple empty 20 ounces bottles, and all the cigarette butts I saw around the waiting area.

Was that not a good deed? I ask how many of you would have done that? I bet most would not. Matter of fact I bet most, if not all, would kick the cigarette butts off the curb and into the street. Whereas, I picked up the butts and disposed properly in the trash receptacle attached to the bus stop. This was kind gesture that I did this morning and not the rude thing I did. I know for a fact that most of you would have waited and waited until bus came. Believe me Readers, this is not the first time I have done this, but I do not do this regularly either. Just when I feel like it. I am not saying that this offsets any sins, or get me into heaven, but you know what I did do a good deed and that is what counts - in anybody's book.

By the way, if any of you Readers feel or think that I just put someone out of a job, then you have an issue. Whether it is with me or perhaps yourself. I cleaned up one RTD stop and believe me - only the trash can and items of trash that seem big enough to get cleaned up get cleaned about every week or so. So, with me doing this good deed I should not have put anyone out of a job.

Speaking of good deeds - I told you Readers and my friends of me helping out that couple at the machine kiosk at a Light Rail Station the other day by getting them tickets to get out of the cold quickly. Yes, I did a good deed for other than myself. Yet, it was also brought up that I could have been rude.

That is true. I do not deny that could have happened. Yet, as I have pointed out in the past with you Readers and my friends beyond this blog I told you I have days that I have a "do not fuck with me" attitude. Or "don't bother me" attitude. Or I "just do not want to help" attitude. I have my reasons at those moments. But, none of those "attitudes" that I have been known to share about happened - I helped without any bad / ill thoughts and thought nothing more of it. Matter of fact, I have not been expecting any "Thank yous" or in the words of my ex-co-worker "just so awesome" from anyone.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. That is me. I have told you Readers all of my adventures dealing with the Good and the Bad - even the Ugly.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: