Monday, January 05, 2009

Jack Daniel's Seasonal Gift Set

Greetings Readers

The past two weeks have been very, very busy for me. Personally and work related. Now, I know why I take time off during this time of the year.

So, I think it was about two days before Christmas that me and a friend went over to the liquor store for some much needed alcohol.

I had in mind to buy some wine and even knew what I wanted to drink and purchase.

As we were going through Lukas Liquors aisles I came across the Whiskey and I saw the Jack Daniels. With it being this time of the year I am on the lookout for and seasonal gift packs that may be offered. After all I am a loyal drinker and a collector of Jack Daniels.

I saw the gift pack - that I bought the other week - the one with the two new glasses with the Jack Daniel's logo etched into the side of the glass cup.

Then, I thought to myself is there a seasonal aisle in Lukas Liquors? Sure enough I found that Aisle and was soon rewarded a Jack Daniel's seasonal gift pack - Limited Edition - sitting on the shelf.

I hope you can see from the pictures, but there are two bottles (which are limited editions and numbered) of Jack Daniels that are encased in a small enclosure that looks like a miniature glass cabinet.

The enclosure is pretty neat. Made out of wood, a clasp on the front of the doors, the windows are made out of plastic and then against the back of the cabinet is something like Mylar that reflects like a mirror giving the impression of a pretty realistic fancy cabinet. I think the cost was 80.00 or 90.00 dollars.

Each bottle had a year and number which commemorates the year of prohibition, I think, and the year Jack Daniel's begin making Whiskey once more - 1933 and 1938 (Going from Memory).

When I bought the gift pack I had thought perhaps that the whiskey may be from those years, but in reality I knew that the cost would be much more. It would have to be - right? After all the cost of a good bourbon that old is over 400.00 dollars.

Since then, I did open one bottle. The not so oldest bottle marked. The bottle is corked, which is pretty neat - just like my Single Barrel Jack Daniel's whiskey. The alcohol content is more than just the regular Jack Daniel's and lower than the Single Barrel Jack Daniel's. I have not registered the bottles, which I can do so on-line. The taste was okay, but not like the Single Barrel Jack Daniel's.

Oh, on the back of the miniature cabinet are some words about Jack Daniel's

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: