Friday, January 09, 2009

National Western Stock Show

Greetings Readers

Well, it is that time of the year the National Western Stock Show arrives to Denver, Colorado.

I look forward to this event and try to go when I want to go. At times in the past though I did not want to go - just because.

This event has been going on for over 100 years, I think. 104th Annual event this year?

Not much else I can say about this.

Oh perhaps I better write a bit about what it is. Well, there are about three main buildings. One big building is like an Expo area where there are booths set up as far as the eye can see. Under the Expo is kept the Cattle, sheep and some pigs, if I remember. Oh not all the cattle are kept under the expo. There are the Cattle yards that are located just North of the Stock Show area.

The other building is the Main Coliseum where the main rodeo events are held. Just outside the arena still inside the building, are more booths and what not.

Then, there is a smaller building where the "other" events are held. And I have to admit this is the area of the Stock Show that I like. Ranch dogs compete in dog pulls, rounding up sheep, horse pulls, horse displays and all other sorts of shows that would not get into the main arena. I could spend almost all day here on certain event days. And the best thing - it's free (well included with ground admission).

On the other side of the Cattle yards is a much smaller building where the auctions are held for livestock which were brought in just for auction or for show and then auction.

I think that is about all I can really say. Well, there are a lot of Cowboys and Cowgirls and even better Hot Cow women. They can make a nice pair of wranglers look spectacular.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: