Friday, January 30, 2009

Place Your Bets

Greetings Readers

As the blog post title reads - Place your bets with me. I am game on Australian Open matches and the Superbowl, but only if you not taking the Pittsburgh Steelers. Those black and yellow are my team to win. I have 90 percent belief that they are going to win, but there is that small chance that Arizona could pull it off. After all, who knew that Arizona would even be in the Superbowl.

Now, it has been about 9 days since buying my Mountain Bike. And for the past nine days I have been riding that Mountain bike. I really have to say that I do love my new Mountain bike. I have been riding down concrete steps/stairs. I have been riding down the sides of hills. And I have riding like a Mountain bike rider as opposed to deeply trained road biker.

So, this morning - Friday - today was going to be stellar day. Meaning, the sun is going to be out and it is supposedly going to be in the high 50's. Amazing, since the beginning of the week were in the single and negative digits here in Colorado. And I have to admit I was cold for a few of those days. Even though I rode to work and felt fine, I just did not want to ride home after work. I do not have a clue why I felt this way.

Perhaps, I was still asleep and I could not feel how cold it really was. Who knows. What I did know that I felt the cold and I was not properly dressed each day. I forgot this, or neglected to wear that, or felt I did not need to wear this. It comes down to how much clothing and stuff that I want to haul around. And I do not like hauling a lot of stuff.

I made a few bets today and I expect to make a few more.

And this is a picture of me on Andrea on the bike rollers in my humble abode. Trying to set up the camera, beat the 30 second timer and get going and balanced on the rollers is pretty tough before the picture is taken. Needless to say, it only took two tries. This is me on the rollers that I bought last year? Or was it the year before. I can not remember. Although, I am sure that I have blogged about the rollers. Anyway, I wanted to share to you Reader me riding the rollers in Winter.

By the way Readers, I know that I have my Oakley's on the top of head, but if I do not have them on I feel naked when I have my biking gear on. Silly? Perhaps, but I just got to have them regardless.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: