Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Nip Tuck - Season 5 Part II

Greetings Readers

Wow - The Nip / Tuck Premiere was excellent. I have been waiting and waiting since the end of the last episode last year. I yearned to know what was in store for new Nip / Tuck Episodes that were (and are now here) scheduled for January 2009.

Just as a recap - Nip / Tuck episode - "Ronnie Chase" - Colleen came back and stabbed many times Sean in the back. And we viewers were left with Sean laying on the floor, gasping, blood seeping from his mouth and spreading onto the floor of the operating room from the stab wounds in his back. Talk about another cliff hanger that was excellent for Nip / Tuck.

I know I have mentioned this in the past, but Nip / Tuck is a show that I follow faithfully. I have a glass (or more) of wine and curl up on the couch with a blanket and watch Nip / Tuck. Sean and Troy, as well as Julia, Liz and Eden (new for Season 5). Oh my oh my! Eden is fucking my type that I love. That body, the hair, the eyes and every now and then her sweet innocent look, but not the attitude.

Anyway, there was a bit of a recap in the new episode last night from where we viewers were left. Also, we were treated to see how Colleen got in and what happened throughout the incident from a different view.

And then, the show picked up where it left off. Sean gasping and looking up from the floor on his back. We hear some medical equipment beeping urgently and Sean making the attempt to save his daughter's life regardless of his own.

Fast forward - Right before the first commercial break I could not help really feeling for Sean as he laid in Christian's arms and then Christian screams "Liz!" and then the scene goes black while Christian's last word continues on getting softer and and softer and then silence. I know this is fictional show, but remember Readers I have invested my time with this show and I have come to know them just as the other fictional family "The Soprano's." I care was happens to them since I really treat them as people I would know if they were real and I knew them.

Spoiler Alert - Skip if you do not want to know what happened in the show.

I was shocked to learn about Christian's Stage 2 Breast cancer. This was shocking since it hits so close to home in my past with some people very close to me.

So, in my opinion the episode was very good and very sad. Though, I am glad that Sean is up, in a manner of speaking.

Yet, the other cliff hanger was Julia getting shot and has lost all her memory. She was not in last night's episode so we still are in the dark on what is going on. A reference was made, but that only she was, as still is, pissed off at Sean for lying. I know - what's new.

And that was that. I sort of knew something was going to happen since in between the last episode and this new episode. Nip / Tuck will be ending on the 100th episode. No more. And I think this was announced some time mid year last year so I think they need to start setting up the plot lines in order to get show ready for the finale on the 100th episode.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: