Monday, October 06, 2008

Qdoba Girl and Post-Race for the Cure

Greetings Readers

A few of my friends are wondering if I seen Debbie yet. The Qdoba girl.

Nope. Not yet. There are no excuses, but I have been unable to get to the Qdoba’s where Debbie works. Unfortunately, as far as I know she is working the same hours that she worked at the other Qdoba’s I knew her at. Which means she only works during the day and during the workweek - not the weekends.

When I saw her the last time I think that I got lucky. Or one might say it was fate. I do not know. Although, I have been pretty happy to see her and her eyes once more after all this time. Matter of fact I have a smile on my face and I am looking forward to actually something to happen in the future.

Anyway, I have not given up, but with month end close and then another person out on PTO I have been unable to leave for extended lunch or even really leave for lunch.

I do want to call her at the store she works at, but I just cannot. My girl friends say I should do that. Hell, most of them offered to do it for me. Unfortunately, that would make me not look too good having a woman call for me for a date with Debbie.

I just hope that she has not moved to another store after seeing me for the first time.

Changing subjects and I am going back to the Race for the Cure subject.

During this time, I received and see many, many emails asking for contribution to help a certain person reach their donations. I could say I hate this sort of asking for money, but I think I despise people hitting me up for money to contribute to them. In fact, I probably hardly know the person asking for money from me.

I think this sort of thinking goes with how I handle my contributions, which is totally opposite of what every one else does that asks for a contribution.

And do not assume or think that I do NOT know how the money will help.

If you do not reach your goal for fund raising then so be it. But prior to that - do not lecture, point out whatever your goal for fundraising are/is. Just ask for a contribution. From there that person will either contribute or will not.

Oh yes, some people will be swayed by your reason(s), but other will not. Such as myself. Matter of fact, I am the unofficial spokesperson on how that is very inconsiderate of any of you asking people you hardly know for money. If they are your friends I have no problem, but if I hardly know you don’t bother.

Wait Readers! I guess that’s a catch-22 in a sort of way. I asked you Readers for your Coca-Cola points in the past. I guess that is sort along the same guidelines as asking for money, but in this case I am asking for Coca-Cola points, which perhaps you would not be redeeming yourself. Also, these points are helping me alone, not anyone else. Different scenario, but I am just as guilty as asking people I do not know personally for something. For that Readers, I am sorry.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: