Friday, October 17, 2008

My Gear for the 24 Hours of Boulder

Greetings Readers

I am nervous, but I am ready for the 24 hours of Boulder.

As you can perhaps see from the blog picture I have gathered most of the stuff that I think that I will need for the 24 hours of Boulder. I know what I think I should bring, use and think to bring, but in reality I do not have a f-ing clue on what to bring or what I need to bring to this event.

Yes, there will be food provided, as well as drinks, snacks and the things normally stocked at any event, but what if it stuff that I do not want to eat.

For example - Hammer gel. I hate that stuff. And to think that this is the major sponsor of the 24 hours of Boulder. That is not going to work for me - at all. So, thankfully I am able to use the rest of my Orange GU from this year. I also bought some Marathon Bars which I think are delicious (in a manner of speaking) and do well for me for energy recovery during any event I need an energy bar.

I am bringing four Bandannas (ZZ Top, 2 Jack Daniels & US Open bandannas), the digital camera, two sets of lens, my Natalie Merchant stocking cap, a Corona cap, band aids, Neosporin, body glide, another watch (Ironman), a blinking light (Corona made), my CD player, my I-pod, 2 battery operated glow/light sticks, fingerless and full fingered gloves.

In addition, I am bringing 4 pairs of white athletic socks, the infamous Southpark Bike Jersey, the Nautica pull over, long leg bike pants, short bike shorts, and my Snowman Stampede shirt and the new shoes.

I think, I have covered everything.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: